Anyone from CA?

<p>Anyone planning on going to Purdue from California?</p>

<p>I’m thinking about it! I’m from Silicon Valley. It’s either this, or Villanova. I’m scared the lifestyle will be too different to what I’m used to.</p>

<p>I know a good amount of people from California. Some from L.A., San Francisco, Santa Monica, and Fremont.</p>

<p>Oh wow.
I’m from Fremont.haha</p>

<p>It’s a change(especially weather), but I feel that experiencing something different will help me grow as a person. As long as you’re willing to adapt, all will be swell. Right?</p>

<p>If anything, being scared that the lifestyle will be too different is a perfect reason to go to Purdue. Fact of the matter is we are a globalizing world and you will be expected to deal with other people and lifestyles if not move around.</p>

<p>There’s plenty of Cali people in Purdue and although most of them weren’t fond of Purdue initially, they’ve all come to accept it as their homes. If you’re willing to adapt, it’ll work out.</p>

<p>What part of Fremont?
I’m planning to go to Purdue and I’m also from Fremont!</p>

<p>I guess Purdue is a good choice for people from CA. Lots of Purdue graduates from CA talk about how famous Purdue is in CA and especially in Silicon Valley.</p>

<p>No clue. I haven’t asked where in Fremont they are from lol. I never been to Cali so why ask if I wouldn’t understand anything? lol</p>

<p>Anyone from Southern California? I’m from Redondo Beach.</p>

<p>sh1ppu: I go to Washington. You?</p>

<p>Wow, I’m really surprised that there’s a handful of people going to Purdue from California, especially from around my area.</p>

<p>How’s the weather?I heard to weather contrasts a lot like it could be raining while walking to class and when you come out the sun is shining.</p>

<p>Jimtology: I live almost 10 minutes away from you ! I go to American. In fact I just went to Washington last week and I passed by it yesterday to go to Jamba Juice LOL. We should meet up.
As far as the weather goes, I have not been to Purdue yet so I don’t actually know, but it can’t be that bad. I’ll probably visit during our spring break. </p>

<p>If you ever hear AHS vs Washington in track, go to the TAK stadium, I might see you there!</p>

<p>You guys should look up for a Purdue Alumni Club in Cali since there seems to be one in almost every state. They probably will host a Freshman Welcome luncheon during the summer for you guys. It’s also great that you meet up with others so know other people before BGR which can be a plus. :)</p>

<p>Wow, what a small world! What made you choose Purdue, sh1ppu?</p>

<p>I had been planning to go to Purdue over break, but I can’t. I hope it doesn’t ruin my experience at Purdue.</p>

<p>I am going to that “Purdue comes to you” thing though.</p>

<p>1) I wanted to move out of California so I can explore the other half of the country.
2) I know many people that are going to Purdue this year, so I will not feel alone
3) My neighbor graduated from Purdue and he is pretty successful in life
4) Purdue is a known school that has a sports team. What I mean by this is that the UC’s do not have a sports team other than Berkley and LA. I had a very low chance of getting into either one of those schools. </p>

<p>In the end I decided to choose Purdue. Although I plan to come back to California after I graduate, I do NOT want to stay in California all my life. You have to spend money to get money. Every college is about the same and I’m not looking for a dedicated party school. </p>

<p>That pretty much sums a reader’s digest version of why I’m most likely choosing Purdue as my college.</p>

<p>How about you? Do you prefer to stay here in California?</p>

<p>I wish I had such rich background of Purdue.
Are a lot of people from American going to Purdue?</p>

<p>I don’t really trust California’s UC system that much, even though some of my college friends claim to be unaffected. I’ve figured it as pay more, get less. But yet, I feel like that idea is a biased opinion since I got denied by most of the UC’s.
I also want to experience something different to widen my scope. I really want to study abroad actually.</p>

<p>Well, aren’t all colleges,in a way, a party school? Wait, what do you mean when you say: Every college is about the same and I’m not looking for a dedicated party school.</p>

<p>I’m also looking for a roommate,haha.</p>

<p>Around 5 people got into Purdue from our school some of those people who did apply also got into UCLA so they are most likely going there. I’ve heard quite a few kids from Mission, Irvington, Amador, and Foothill are going to Purdue. And hell yeah, I want a chill roommate. </p>

<p>If we can choose roommates, I’ll be glad to room with you. I’m pretty chill. </p>

<p>Are you going to Purdue for sure? </p>

<p>Oh and I got into UCSB and I know they have a good business program but I know it is a dedicated party school and I won’t get anything done. That’s what I meant</p>

<p>Help me out. =D</p>

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/purdue-university-west-lafayette/890889-ucs-vs-purdue.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/purdue-university-west-lafayette/890889-ucs-vs-purdue.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>I’m from Orange County!
i go to troy high school
is anyone set for purdue?</p>

<p>I think I’m pretty set on Purdue.
I’ve been looking into a lot, especially the virtual tours of the dorms. So far, I’ve considered Earhart.
Dang, thanks for telling me about who’s going, I feel less worried now.</p>

<p>Yeah, I want a chill roommate too. I’m Jimmy btw.</p>

<p>Unless you guys are majoring in Engineering or Business I would strongly suggest staying in CA. Purdue is better then most of the UC’s at those majors, but is not better in any other major. Any UC, from SC and above is a better choice for another major. </p>

<p>Purdue is ranked in the low 60’s and they have like a 70% accept rate; similar to SC. If you were an IN resident, it would be a Purdue, no question. But since you guys are CA residents, think about it carefully.</p>

<p>Trust me, you guys are spoiled by the CA environment and weather. IN weather is very harsh; snow is something you will hate. It isn’t Tahoe. The people were nice when I was there and the campus is cool, but just consider it.</p>

<p>I have lots of info on Purdue, its people, etc… Just don’t know if its worth going all the way over there. </p>

<p>Ask me, if you guys need any more questions; I have perspective from both sides.</p>