Anyone from India going to Purdue 2015

<p>Hi friends
I am from India and am planning to go to Purdue for Engineering, anyone on this forum from India ? Let us connect</p>

<p>i did get in for the mechanical engineering.but I am kinda local student cuz i did my last 3 years of high school in the states.But i am from India.</p>

<p>Hey Sathvik
Good to hear from you, so you are going to Purdue, well that is great, have you finally decided ? what other options you have ? I am told Purdue is easy to get in and difficult to get out, I do not know if this is true, since you are local maybe you can tell me what you think of Purdue, coming from India I am spending a lot of money and want to be sure that it is worth.</p>

<p>same problem…apart from purdue i have acceptance from uci and ucsb…they r much more selective schools than purdue…and therefore i dont want to join purdue coz every other child is getting there from india and i have also heard bad things about purdue as u said…difficult to get out, yes, prof. are not that much helpful…i donno how will i manage engg. at purdue…still to submit SIR…donno where to go?..let me know more about all this…</p>

<p>Hi Underfall</p>

<p>I got a good link to the wall street journal from someone wherein univertisites are ranked by top 25 recruiters who ranked Purdue engineering No 2 </p>

<p>[Best</a> Colleges & Universities - Ranked by Job Recruiters - WSJ.com](<a href=“Best Colleges & Universities - Ranked by Job Recruiters - WSJ”>Best Colleges & Universities - Ranked by Job Recruiters - WSJ)</p>

<p>Maybe this helps you</p>

<p>UCI AND UCSB are great!
but you may want to consider the fact your major is engineering!</p>

<p>HI Nanogirl,
i know Purdue is very good…but due to so many students in a class it will b difficult to get personal attention…and that too when apparently PU professors are know to b less helpful…so…?..i have heard it’s much better in UCI…so plzz help me bit more…</p>

<p>Guys I know this is an old post. But honestly, I made my profile on this website just to answer your questions.

1. Purdue is the best!
  2. I transferred to Purdue from University of Minnesota, because the education there was more of a SHUAH!(if you know what I mean)!
  3. Purdue is all on hand experience, they give all the tools and rest is up to you.
  4. Classes are not huge, I made plenty of faculty friends within first semester.
  5. If you are dedicated, then professors will help you.
  6. Big companies come here to interview students, they constantly request Purdue to provide them with there best students(my own adviser, and few faculty members told me this, and I saw this in career fair too)
  7. Warning! Engineering is very tough over here, its not every other college hill billy cake that you can bake easily and eat. This university will make it tough, but if you can go through boy then how well you would be rewarded.</p>

<p>My experience: I am second year transfer student, about to enter my Junior year.</p>

<p>Personal Note: I rejected UCLA, UCB, Washington and Penn state to come to Purdue, so think before you make a decision, and i am happy with my decision. Yes, I do pay out of state fees.</p>