Anyone get in with a 3.75 UW GPA or lower?

<p>In state, male, bi-racial half white half asian, good public school in nor-cal, applying to College of Letters and Sciences – Hoping for UCLA or Berkeley</p>

<p>My UW GPA is lower than Cal and UCLA averages, because I had a less than perfect sophomore year (a couple of Cs and Bs). In contrast, my junior year was 4.0 uw both semesters, and 4.5 weighted both semesters. My overall UW gpa is 3.75. Upward trend is good right? My UC GPA comes out to 4.04 or 4.07 (I’m not really sure) which is still below their average, but not as much so, as their average was 4.14 this year.</p>

<p>My question is: Did you or anyone else you know get in with less than Cal or UCLA’s average GPA?</p>

<p>Can high test scores, essays, ECs and an otherwise outstanding app make up for it? I scored 2250 on my SAT I and over 700 on both of my SAT IIs, and still hope to go to UCLA or Cal.</p>

<p>Write an amazing essay about growth and experience and you can counter your UW GPA.</p>

<p>shhhhhhhhhhhhhh slight chance have a back up that u like</p>

<p>Okay, I’ll keep that in mind. More opinions?</p>

<p>have u done the ACT</p>

<p>Yeah, but my SAT score is higher. I got a 32.</p>

<p>2250 is still way over the average, but I guess I’ll re-take in October to see if I can break 2300.</p>

<p>try and do that. Try and get it high as you can because all the UCs are cutting admission. go one to the UC website and they have a chart that shows you how UCs choose their admits and try that. any ap credit</p>

<p>Yeah I have 5s in Language and Composition and Biology… I’m taking 5 more this year, our school offers about 8 or 9 I think.</p>

<p>I don’t think UCLA and Berkeley are cutting admission this year, just the mid tier and lower UCs.</p>

<p>thats 10 UC units at UCLA or any quarter UC. i am pretty sure LA and Cal are also cutting admission the only one that isnt is Merced</p>

<p>your junior year all As will help a lot. SAT score is higher than average, UC GPA of above 4 helps. Essays should help. Not a shoo in by any means… so don’t fall in love with either campus</p>

<p>Too late for that, I’m already in love with them ><</p>

<p>but I do hope I have a good chance.</p>