Anyone get invited to the Honors Program yet?

<p>My friend just got into the Honors program at Purdue, and I'm just wondering if anyone else has gotten into it. Also, can you chance me for the Honors Program?</p>

<p>I got the Trustees Scholarship
UW GPA: 3.85
W GPA: ~4.1
SAT: 2130 (760 M, 630 CR, 740 W)
Major: Pre-pharmacy (do they have honors program for this?)</p>

<p>(And I read their webpage, it says that they only look at your grades and standardized test scores, so I'm guessing the EC's don't matter)</p>

<p>i have practically same stats except convert your sat to my act lol. i got trustee’s but haven’t heard about honors program. have you seen any information regarding it (ie min act/sat or class rank)?</p>

<p>no I haven’t, it just says that they base the info off our scores and grades. but my friend did have a 2200 on his SAT with a 3.95 UW GPA, and a ~4.3 W GPA, and is like number 12 in our class of 720, so he definitely deserved an invitation. I did see, though, that they only accept about 140 incoming freshmen every year, so I’m guessing they’re mostly people with similar stats or better than my friend’s</p>

<p>I’m currently a junior at Purdue. I was actually in the Honors Engineering program myself. I have to say though, don’t worry about getting into the Honors program. It can be useful freshman year as you take several classes with your fellow honors students. But it really doesn’t help at all when you’re applying for a job or graduate school</p>

<p>My friend and I both recieved invitations last saturday (the day we were at Scholars Day hearing about it. lol). They said that they send invitations out periodically as they get more of an idea of people accepting and declining their invitations. </p>

<p>Here are my stats:
I recieved the Presidental Scholarship and am a Beering Scholarship candidate
UW GPA: 3.89
W GPA: 4.39
Purdue GPA: 3.9?
ACT: 34
Major: Mathematics (College of Science)</p>

<p>My friends stats:
Presidental Scholarship
W GPA: 4.4
UW GPA: ?
Purdue GPA: ?
ACT: 35
SAT: 2150
Major: Actuarial Science (College of Science)</p>

<p>I think you guys both have pretty good chances. You might not get invited on the first wave, but may get invitations later on.
Even if you do get into the University Honors Program, you might be able to get into your college honors program, if it has one. I know for the college of science they invite the top 10%, unlike the about 1% for the UHP.</p>

<p>Good Luck!</p>

<p>i just called today and they mailed out more invitations on friday. i got in :)</p>

<p>congrats collegehunter!
Yesterday my friend and I both recieved emails inviting us to the College of Science Honors Program too. I don’t know how many people on here are in the college of science, but i guess it is time to check your email if you are! :)</p>

<p>I am liberal arts, but congrats to all science honors members! Liberal arts sent their emails out late December. Is anybody here going to join the Lyceum (the UHP living community) ?</p>

<p>I might. I am still not 100% sure that I am going to Purdue, but if I go to Purdue, the Lyceum seems like a really unique, great experience.</p>

<p>dang… i didn’t apply early enough to be considered… but i did get accepted
can i still maybe apply to be in the honors program? or are there any other honors programs?</p>

<p>you didn’t apply early enough to be considered for what? UHP?</p>

<p>There are other honors programs available through the individual colleges other than UHP.</p>

<p>Yeah, no one has posted here for a month… but is anyone else going to do the lyceum thing? I probably will if I go to Purdue. However, it’s kind of frightening that my numbers are good enough to get in the top 1% of Purdue (or so they claim; 140/yr), but can’t even garner a general acceptance letter from Duke.</p>

Did you first get acceptance and then honours college acceptance or got it both together?

Yeah it would be great to know when FYE Honors invitations go out. I am really hoping for an invitation. Got accepted 12//23.

I was accepted around then as well, I got an email saying that considerations for honors would begin soon so I’m figuring they should send out notice by the end of the month.