Anyone going to the Orange Bowl?

<p>H and S are leaving in the morning for the Orange Bowl in Miami. Just wondering if any other Hokies on CC are going.</p>

<p>Yes. D left at 4 am today from Norfolk with some friends. She was extremely excited. Hope it gets a little warmer down there because she left without a coat (intentionally). Go Hokies!</p>

<p>Apparently there is a severe freeze warning for tonight into tomorrow morning! What's up with that?! Hopefully the sun will come out and it will warm up. We are in the 20s here, so anything above that's got to feel better. H and s are flying into Ft. Lauderdale and hoped to spend a few hours on the beach tomorrow. Guess your d is driving down - safe travel! Go Hokies!!</p>

<p>Oooooh my! A severe freeze! Well, she'll live and learn. Yeah they're driving down. I'm a little worried about it. 13 hours drive from Norfolk. Then back all the way to Arlington Va from Miami.</p>

<p>We'll be viewing tomorrow in the artic freeze coming our way tonight in NH. I will think of you all down in sunny and hopefully warmer Florida. Son has new VT/Orange Bowl tshirt he will be wearing.</p>

<p>My brother - Hokie alum - and my niece and her best friend - Hokie students - left yesterday for the game, returning Saturday. They are bummed about the chilly weather down there.</p>

<p>I'm watching it on tv. Its a good game.</p>

<p>What a frustrating game!</p>

<p>A sad loss.</p>

<p>D is over there moping.</p>

<p>Oh well. For H and S, it was a blast just to be spending the time together. It really is a joy to be able to connect with your child as an adult (almost adult) and find out that you really do like each other.</p>

<p>We haven't reached that stage with D. But this should be the topic of another thread, lol.</p>