Anyone got answers from financial aid?? (CSS Profile)

<p>Hey! I got my admission decision and scholarship notification but no word from financial aid.
If you got your results, how much did you get??</p>

<p>^^ Did you check your Cane Link, they will post all the FA pkgs on Student Cane link.
Since you are International not sure what type of FA grants you get on Top of Scholarships.</p>

<p>@dadfor2014 I live in Turkey but I’m actually an American citizen. I got 13k scholarship (President’s) but no word from financial aid. </p>

<p>I think your Financial aid will depends upon your EFC, normally they want parents to be responsible for EFC part.
So you will get $5500 for Stafford, may be some Work Study $$ like 2k-3k and some Coral Grant to bring you to EFC numbers if needed. </p>

<p>@dadfor2014 My EFC is 20k. What would be your guess with that in consideration?</p>

<p>My wild guess would be, </p>

<p>Stafford Loan = 5.5k
Work Study = 3k
Coral Gable Grant = 13k - 15k ( just a wild estimate ) If they really Generous they might give 20k . Not sure how it works for a student who is International but US Citizen…</p>

<p>@dadfor2014 if i get your estimate it would be amazing!!! Thanks. </p>

<p>I got a 13k scholarship and a 8.5k Coral Grant. Im out of state and my EFC is $18000</p>

<p>^^ That means you need to pay lot more then your EFC of 18k.</p>

<p>I received my notice. EVeryone should have the letter(s) in CaneLink. My award has been accepted. I look forward to seeing everyone on August 20. Have a great spring and summer!</p>

<p>I got 4k only in grant. Adding my 13k scholarship i got a total package of 17k.
My EFC is 20k.
The school only would cost me 25k with this aid.</p>

<p>^^ That Grant is sure low. Didnt you get some Stafford Loan and Work Study $$.</p>

<p>No :(( im gonna ask&wait for more…
Loans dont work well for me since the dollar per turkish currency rises througout years. I hope i can raise my grant though…</p>

<p>Hello everyone. I’m also an International student from Turkey. I got accepted to UM but I still couldn’t get any answers for scholarship. They said it would be out at late March. I will make my decision according to my scholarship. I wonder if I need to send the deposit to learn my scholarship. BTW international students can’t get a financial aid. Sorry</p>

<p>^^ Did you check on your Cane Link about any Scholarship awarded to you. If you haven’t heard anything yet then the chances are slim, but try to reach FAO and asked them… good luck…</p>

<p>@dadfor2014 it says award access denied. What should I do?</p>

<p>@Atakanuslu‌ that means the info is not in yet. you can e-mail the international admissions office or the f. aid office. I e-mailed <a href=“mailto:jpalvarez@miami.edu”>jpalvarez@miami.edu</a> and <a href=“mailto:ofas@miami.edu”>ofas@miami.edu</a>. They responded pretty fast. good luck.</p>

<p>Yeah I tried that but they did not answer. I guees I will try again so what answer they gave you?</p>

<p>^^ That means either they haven’t posted your award yet or their is no award to post.
Best thing is to Call FAO and inquire about your Rewards if any…</p>

<p>@Atakanuslu‌ i got my scholarship, i asked about other stuff</p>