Anyone gotten DECISIONS yet?

<p>I thought I read that the last dates for the SAT2's for the HPME at Miami were December?</p>

<p>yeah, miami HPME is a stretch for me, and i don't particularly care for that anymore, but just for undergrad and scholarships...its a big deal for scholarships, cuz if i can raise my score 10 points, thats $5000 more in scholarships, and if i raise it by 60, thats 12000 more in scholarships</p>

<p>I believe the SATs they list are minimum criteria. I don't think a certain SAT score is going to guarantee you a certain scholarship.</p>

<p>My daughter applied early action, is a 4.0 unweighted, 1550 SAT. It's Jan 17th and she still hasn't heard anything yet, not even admission on the EASY site. Anyone else still hasn't heard on EASY?
Anyone notified of scholarships yet?</p>

<p>When did ur daughter apply dhm? It could be that if she applied fairly recently, they won't give you decisions until maybe february or march.</p>

<p>dhm, i know those are minimum, but if i dont even have those, i dont have a shot at those scholarships...im jsut saying, if i do get those scores, then i at least have a shot at getting more merit-scholarship</p>

<p>dhm... not to worry.. my D hasn't heard anything yet either.. she is 4.0 unweighted, 1400 SAT. Maybe they are doing it alphabetically (she is an S). She applied early decision and her app was sent before Nov. 1..</p>

<p>I don't think its alphabetically because I'm at the very begining of the alphabet and I have gotten no answer.</p>

<p>... I've given up looking and am just waiting for the thick envelope!</p>

<p>LOL! That's what my D said.. she was getting tired of signing on to EASY so she said to heck with it. We are now just waiting on the mailman..</p>

<p>Miami updated its "chart" to reflect that EA decisions will be out Feb 1 (it used to say Jan. 15)</p>

<p>I was kind of surprised that people expected decisions by Jan. 15. The viewbook clearly says Feb. 1 and that was also what we were told by our regional rep. They apparently realized last year that they couldn't do it by Jan. 15 so revised the date for this year.</p>

<p>At D's interview she was told Jan.15. In addition, the website said Jan. 15. I guess I don't have a "viewbook".. where did you get this?</p>

<p>The viewbook arrived in the mail in the fall. Unsolicited. It was what got S interested in Miami in the first place. I did note the difference in dates at some point - maybe between the viewbook and the website - but remembered what the rep had said. But then when everyone was talking about Jan. 15, I figured they had beaten their Feb. 1 date. Someone elsewhere on CC posted that he did get a letter with a merit offer on Saturday - but I haven't heard of any others. I think he was posting in the College Admissions forum. Try a search there on "Miami" - good luck to your D. I feel sure she'll get in.</p>

<p>oohhh... someone's gotten a letter!?!?!? I will now have to stalk the mailman more then I already do. </p>

<p>... I too didn't notice the viewbook date but the online date.</p>

<p>i found out on EASY that i got in today but i haevnt gotten an admissions letter yet
1460 SATS
weighted GPA 4.4/4.6
rank 16/496</p>

<p>D got 'the letter' today. Neat stuff. Nicely packaged. She's thrilled. Only 2 more schools to hear from, but those are RD's & it will be April no doubt.</p>

<p>S got his letter today too. Actually a folder of stuff, which, I agree, was presented quite nicely - a fancy folder complete with letters, a certificate, coupons, brochures and a car decal for the parents! </p>

<p>We are very relieved because he did get some merit money. He met the criteria but they did say that scholarships were not guaranteed even if you met the criteria. We were afraid with so many well qualified applicants, that there might not be enough $$$ to go around. But he got just what you'd expect from their chart. Not sure he'll go but it is one of his two top choices. Now we need to figure out when to have him visit as he hasn't seen the campus yet. Does anyone know if you need to apply for housing right away?</p>

<p>Good luck to everyone!</p>

<p>Still nothing here : (</p>

<p>Jnm123 - did D get any merit aid??</p>

<p>Wi****wereapril - did S get 1/2.,3/4 or full?? Just wondering because supposedly the full rides are getting rarer. Congrats to both of your children. Hopefully, our news will arrive soon!!</p>

<p>lsandin---</p>

<p>Yes, D got some merit aid, in the vicinity of what we hoped for. You never know until you know, right? Still a lot to pay of course, still the most expensive of where D's been accepted so far.</p>

<p>Where did I hear that UM gave only 15 free rides? On this thread?</p>

<p>I'm not sure where but that is what I read as well.. D doesn't qualify for the full ride.. just the 3/4...but wow! that would be nice. Just got bad news from Emory..she didn't make semifinalist for the Emory Scholar... so really hoping for some good news from Miami... she has her interview for Southwestern tonight so hopefully that will also go well. This college thing is so difficult for me... you just keep thinking.. if they only knew how great this kid is!! But of course we all think that, don't we?</p>