Anyone have any info on water polo timelines?

Men’s if it makes a difference

Just to clarify I am interest in Water Polo. I have no interest in Polio of any sort.

1 Like

The typos just get worse.

What do you mean, timeline? Also, you may want to spell the sport correctly if you are wanting to “impress” schools/AOs. Autocorrect might have gotcha here, but if you write coaches, be sure to check before hitting send.

Do you mean when The coaches can talk to you? June after your sophomore year of high school.

Actually, only D1 cannot speak to you now. All other (D2, D3, NAIA, Juco) can have contact with sophomores.

If you are interested in playing a sport in college, you should start building your college list and reaching out via email and filling out recruiting questionnaires asap. D1 schools will not be able to respond until the summer, but you need to get on their radar now.

I’m confused, since I haven’t said what grade my kid is in. I’m asking for my youngest who is still in middle school. When would one start trying to get on coaches radars? How would you do that?

Sorry for the confusion. I was referring more to the above poster who said that schools can’t talk to you until after sophomore year.

Middle school is too early to talk to coaches. You should start getting familiar with the recruiting process at this point and maybe start thinking about what types of schools your kid would be interested in. There are a lot of great resources here on CC under Athletic Recruiting and elsewhere on the internet. I’m not familiar with water polo recruiting specifically, but it seems to be a sport that is smaller. So maybe start looking at which colleges even offer it as a varsity sport.

Good luck!

1 Like