Anyone having problems with Common App for Purdue?

<p>So I THOUGHT I completed my Common App to Purdue on Thursday. I've done the Purdue writing supplements, got the LOR, and had my guidance counselor fill the form out.</p>

<p>However, Purdue has not sent me any notification saying that my app is complete, like they say they will do on their admissions website. Has anyone else gotten any word from Purdue on their application yet?</p>

<p>does purdue needs LOR?</p>

<p>LOR is optional for purdue</p>

<p>Wait purdue uses the common app? I didn’t bother to use the common app for Purdue. I applied directly on their site. They will also give you the status of your app.</p>

<p>Purdue only accepts CA for incoming freshmen. That is new this year. They say, that if you apply now, you will receive an ID that will allow you to track your app in mid-September.</p>

<p>Yeah Purdue just switched to it for incoming freshmen. It’s crazy though, Purdue is such a long admissions process! I’ve already been accepted to IU and I applied to both on the same day, but I have to wait until December for Purdue… Kind of puts them at a disadvantage.</p>

<p>So does it helps in admission if the LOR is send?</p>

<p>it definitely helps if you send in a LOR, it’s an additional piece that can help boost your app</p>

<p>Thanks tigerash</p>

<p>My kid had an offer an early offer for Eng. around Oct / Nov from Purdue last year (he is now at Purdue). Maybe you are looking for an answer a month or so too soon</p>