Anyone hear back yet?

<p>My sister is applying to colleges, and I remember 3 years ago I had heard back the first week of September. Has anyone received the news yet?</p>

<p>yeah. i got my acceptance letter about three weeks ago</p>

<p>My son heard on Sept. 21, his birthday.</p>

<p>mootmom
when did your son apply? Do they send any $$ info with the acceptance letter?</p>

<p>Tanmom, my son handed his app to his guidance counselor on Tues. Sept. 5, I don't know how soon it went out in the mail from the school. (He included a stamped self-addressed "the app has arrived at Purdue" postcard but it never came back to him.) There was a statement with preliminary estimate of financial aid included with the acceptance letter.</p>

<p>thanks for the info</p>

<p>What are some good East Coast or Mid West Schools with rolling admissions?</p>

<p>Midwest schools - Michigan, Illinois - Urbana Champaign, Wisconsin</p>

<p>uiuc is no longer rolling - dec15 all decisions come in</p>

<p>I havent taken the SAT, so if i apply now, i wont get a response any time soon right?</p>

<p>Their Admissions</a> website says the following :
[quote]
Do I need my SAT or ACT results before I can apply for admission?
You may submit your application in advance of your test results. However, until we receive your test results, your application will be incomplete, and no admission decision will be made. Forward any missing item(s) as soon as possible.

[/quote]
They will not make a decision until they receive your SAT results.</p>

<p>Im planning on doing it in october and december, will they wait for the december scores?</p>

<p>If i score high enough they will ________<strong><em>? accept/reject/wait dec.
If i score too low they will</em></strong>
____________? reject/wait dec.</p>

<p>i got in and got it like two weeks ago.</p>

<p>I got in yesterday! They didn't even have all of my required materials the last of it was mailed today...</p>

<p>I got in two days ago...didn't receive any scholarships and was really hoping for them, though. Does anyone know if you have to wait or if you usually get all offers with your acceptance letter?</p>

<p>My college advisor in my school is sending transcripts and stuff the last week of November. When should I expect to hear a decision? Also, is purdue a safety for me? I am applying for Aerospace Engineering.</p>

<p>lil_killer89:</p>

<p>Do you mean last week of October?</p>

<p>If so, you should hear back in about a month. I got in on the 19th, and got my letter on the 25th (I called them and found out I was in). My counselor sent my stuff out on the 5th.</p>

<p>Since youre applying a bit later, it should take about a month.</p>

<p>I submitted my application two days ago. But it will probably take another month for my college advisor to send in the transcripts and stuff in, because there is only one of him and too many of us.</p>

<p>lil_killer89: Sorry. That definately sucks.</p>

<p>"We also recommend that you list an alternate program choice on your application. This way, if you aren't admissible to your first choice, you'll automatically be considered for your alternate choice. "</p>

<p>So if i apply for engineering and dont get admitted, i can get the alternative?</p>