Anyone heard about Beering yet this year?

<p>I, probably along with many of you on this site, was lucky enough to be awarded the Trustee's scholarship for $16k. About 100 are offered this scholarship - about 100 are offered to compete for the Beering too, or so I've heard. It would make sense, then, that getting an award at the upper end of Trustees would merit an invitation for Beering/Stamps, but I have yet to receive an invitation. I might need to dig out the trustee's letter to double check, but I don't think it came with an invitation. Have any of you heard about invitations going out yet or, better yet, received one yourself?</p>

<p>I'm a bit worried, since past threads seem to indicate that invitations can go out earlier (late dec or early jan). </p>

<p>This scholarship is REALLY REALLY GOOD. I don't know of any more generous scholarships in the nation than this one: seriously, free medical school?! Any intel is appreciated, especially any tips or tricks for the application.</p>

<p>My daughter also received a Trustees scholarship for $16,000, and she hasn’t heard anything either…very anxiously waiting/hoping!</p>

<p>I recently (like a week ago) received an invitation via email to apply for the Beering and Stamps scholarships. I am also a Trustees recipient.</p>

<p>I don’t think the Beering Scholarship covers medical school. It will additionally cover graduate studies only at Purdue.</p>

<p>[8</a> Purdue students receive full ride with graduate school option](<a href=“http://www.purdue.edu/newsroom/releases/2013/Q2/8-purdue-students-receive-full-ride-with-graduate-school-option.html]8”>8 Purdue students receive full ride with graduate school option - Purdue University)</p>

<p>“The recipients can pursue one bachelor’s degree, one master’s degree or an MBA, and one doctoral degree at Purdue or medical school through Indiana University. The program also covers related educational expenses and a one-semester study abroad opportunity.”</p>

<p>@runner019 oh… Is there any way that you could paste the contents of the email without your name so that I can run a search through my email? Also, is there an email address that they gave you for someone who runs the program that you could pm me so that I can ask her if they are still sending out the invitations?</p>

<p>You are among the very best of our admitted students and I invite you to apply for our most prestigious scholarships, the Steven C. Beering Scholarship and the Stamps Leadership Scholars Program.</p>

<p>Among one of the most valuable merit awards in the country, the Steven C. Beering Scholarship covers the average cost of education (tuition, housing, food, books, etc.) for one bachelor’s degree, one master’s degree and either a doctoral or medical degree. It also includes funding for a study abroad experience.</p>

<p>The Stamps Leadership Scholars Program provides matching funds to significantly increase the monetary value of the Purdue merit scholarship you have already received. Partially funded by the Stamps Family Charitable Foundation, the award also gives scholars access to an academic enrichment fund of up to $10,000 to finance activities such as academic conferences, study abroad experiences or internships. </p>

<p>Each year we invite a very small number of students to apply and this year, you are among them.</p>

<p>In addition to their impressive monetary value, these scholarships provide top students opportunities to excel. For example:
Beering and Stamps scholars are members of the Purdue Honors College.
They have access to funding for academic enrichment activities, such as studying abroad.
Scholars are encouraged to participate in research.
Through relationships with faculty in the Honors College and in their Purdue academic college, scholars have expanded opportunities for internships and prestigious post-graduate fellowships and scholarships.
The scholarship committee will select finalists by mid-February. Beering Scholarship finalists will be invited to campus for an interview; Stamps Leadership Scholar finalists will be invited to interview by telephone with Mr. Roe Stamps. Awards will be announced in early March 2014 and all applicants will be notified of their status.</p>

<p>I need to post some more before I can PM you. I need 15 posts, so give me a couple of minutes! :)</p>

<p>Okay, thanks! Unfortunately I have not received that email.</p>

<p>I asked an official at Purdue and I didn’t get selected to continue. She indicated that they only choose 50 people from out of state, which may be the cause of the discrepancy between trustees and beering/stamps invitees. If you haven’t been invited yet, I wouldn’t get your hopes up.</p>

<p>Okay - thanks for the information!</p>

<p>In-state Beering/Stamps applicant here. If you haven’t received your letter, you’re probably out of luck. The application has a due date of this Wednesday, January 15, 2014. I received my letter in early January (something like Jan. 3rd or 4th).</p>

<p>Anybody heard anything from the application yet? Supposedly theyre supposed to let us know by mid-february of our statuses</p>

<p>Still waiting for the status update as well…</p>

<p>Me too.</p>