Anyone here go to SMU?

It’s from 9am-3pm so I assume it’s part inside and part outside. D is very interested in the business school as her safety/target. But she definitely wants to see if the SMU sorority culture is real or exagerrated.

We chose Mustang day because that should give her a feel of fellow students interested in SMU and if she could see herself attending school with them.

Cox isn’t a safety for most students. Not easy to get into. Gorgeous campus.

2 Likes

Well I am not sure what sorority feel you will get since school is over and most students are home or at summer internships. You will meet potential classmates but again they have not gone through recruitment.

I think she has a pretty good chance based on her stats, class rank/GPA etc.

Not sure how accurate College Vine is but it says 98% chance.

If you meet prospective students who want to join the #1 equestrian team, they might be interested in a sorority.

Hit Shugs Bagels for bagels and Javier’s for lunch or dinner.

Imagine living in the house sophomore and/or junior year and then moving to Eastline at 6050 N Central Expy, Dallas, TX 75206.

Cox buildings will be built out in a year.

For the real scene, come back for a football game and walk the Boulevard. Compare with the Grove at Ole Miss.

SMU is moving away from the stereotype but it’s a great campus and b-school

1 Like

Thanks. She is actually pretty excited about it, especially learning more about the Alts program (even though it’s probably extremely difficult to get in). She should be competitive for BBA scholars.

I think SMU may be better than her other safety/target schools (Indiana Kelly, and UConn). She really doesnt want to go to UConn but that’s almost a guarantee she’ll get in and Indiana is auto admit.

We’re really impressed they have an all day tour and are hosting a lunch. She’s excited about the lunch (Im not sure why but it seems like SMU really cares about prospective students - that’s the way she’s viewing it).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.