Anyone know anything about fraternities?

<p>Is anyone joining a fraternity? S received a scholarship application and we were wondering if it was worth it. I think he would be happier in a learning community as he's not a drinker.</p>

<p>I recieved that scholarship sheet as well, Phi Kappa Psi. The fine print at the bottom indicates whether or not you are interested in the Greek activities at Purdue, the scholarship is apart from singing up for the frat. Im interested in frats, but that is more down the road.</p>

<p>I got two of em, one yesterday one a few days ago. I'm gonna apply for them cause i need the money. Did you guys get that thing for that "The Record" thing. Sounds almost like a yearbook... Not sure if i want to or not.</p>

<p>My son isn't doing the record thing. Sounded to us like a money-making project for Herff Jones ;)</p>

<p>Didn't get "the record thing." Sure wish they'd hurry and send the dorm information.</p>

<p>Dorm info is shipped June 1 i think... or thereabouts. I'm still worried about my Day on Campus date... I need to get June 15 or i'm SOL. I made sure to include a happy little note. Did any of you guys get the President's Leadership Class application?</p>

<p>Got the record brochure and President's scholarship application today in the mail. Also, S received his Day on Campus confirmation. Runnerguy, email the school (Admissions, I think) and tell them you really need June 15 and they will email you a confirmation. I did that and got confirmed the next day. Include your SS number.</p>

<p>Son got the President's Leadership thing but I know he won't apply, to introverted. Still, kind of neat to be considered, congrats all.</p>

<p>I need to be in that group! Imagine having the president of Purdue University as a reference... <em>drool</em>. Thanks, Tookie, I'll hit up that email trick right away. </p>

<p>P.S. DONE WITH HIGH SCHOOL!!!! WEWT!</p>

<p>Do you have any idea how many people they r giving this presidents leadership class application to ... I received mine around the 1st of june and sent it in on the 11 th . It stated that 30 would eventually get selected. What r they lookin for when they r selecting for this class... cause i dont know how they thaught my high school academic grades were awesome [as the letter stated] ...HEHE :)</p>

<p>Nash911 I know that application goes out to a lot of people. I got one when I was a freshman too. I don't know what their criteria is for selection, I had very good grades in high school, was pretty involved, worked part time, did volunteer work, and had very good exam scores, but didn't get selected. I'll let you decide what that might mean when trying to see what the criteria is. Good luck with getting into the class.</p>