Anyone know of a reliable auto repair place

<p>kid texted me at 1:30. her car window won’t close. need to get that taken care of asap.</p>

<p>prefer an independent auto repair over a car dealership.</p>

<p>thanks.</p>

<p>We’ve used Firestone down there. </p>

<p>Firestone Complete Auto Care Store
Store # 021911
2519 Mcfarland Blvd E
Tuscaloosa, AL 35405-1801
(205) 553-2480
M-F: 7:00am-7:00pm
Sa: 7:00am-6:00pm
Su: 8:00am-5:00pm
Easter Day: Closed</p>

<p>My D had a great experience with A&W Repair, 1111 15th Street, Tuscaloosa, 205-759-5505.</p>

<p>thanks guys.</p>

<p>How timely. D got rear ended today. Anybody know a good auto body shop where she can go get the car checked out?</p>

<p>Also like Warren Auto & Tire. Practically on campus - it’s on University Blvd. across the street from the University Health Center.</p>

<p>Body shops - I’d recommend Contemporary Collision Center on 15th Street.</p>

<p>[Tuscaloosa</a> Hyundai - Finance Department](<a href=“http://www.tuscaloosahyundai.com/collision.shtml]Tuscaloosa”>http://www.tuscaloosahyundai.com/collision.shtml)</p>

<p>*How timely. D got rear ended today. Anybody know a good auto body shop where she can go get the car checked out?
*</p>

<p>Since your child was rear-ended (which is obviously the other person’s fault), you could just take it to the dealer…they usually have rental cars there as well - but that may be an issue since she’s not 21…I would call and find out if she can get a rental. There are some that will do this in these circumstances. The other person’s insurance will cover these costs… My son was rear-ended in late February. The car was in the shop for over a MONTH. So, having a rental was great!</p>

<p>I don’t know what kind of car your D has, but my son has a Mustang and we only get things like this fixed at the dealer so that we’re certain that we get the right parts. Mustangs can be difficult for non-Ford repair people.</p>

<p>Thanks Feenotype & M2K.</p>

<p>D drives a Honda Civic, so perhaps we should visit the dealer. I’m putting hubbie in charge of this - I don’t do carspeak ;)</p>

<p>Yes…take it to a Honda dealer. Also call to find out who will rent a car to someone under 21. Since it’s their fault, if there’s an extra charge for being under 21, their insurance will have to cover that as well. </p>

<p>The damage to my son’s car didn’t seem huge (I was once rear-ended in his car and it was much, much worse), but it still took Ford over a month to fix the car…getting the right parts, etc. We didn’t really care since the rental was really nice…lol. </p>

<p>Also, have your D check inside the trunk to see if anything was damaged. My son had his backpack in there and the impact cracked his laptop screen. Of course, their insurance covered a new computer.</p>

<p>Good tips, M2k. We’re also dealing with a time crunch since move out is in just over 3 weeks! at the moment, D’s trunk is strapped shut :(</p>