Anyone know of a Summer Semester for Entering Freshman

<p>I've heard rumours from other schools that students who want to come, but don't have the gpa requierements can attend a summer semester and if they do well enough, will get accepted into the Fall Semester. I've taken several AP/IB/Honor classes, great ECs, am taking the SAT/ACT again, (I did decent 1220/25, but want to improve both), but my current UW GPA is very poor, under a 3.0, mostly due to a bad Junior year. By the end of this year, my application would look very good, since I'm doing a lot better this year, but probably not in time for the Jan. 15 deadline. Any suggestions on what I should do? Is CC for a semester an option? Will I get accepted then?</p>

<p>I don’t know of applying after a summer session. Miami does admit some students for the spring semester rather than the fall semester. Usually someone who was waitlisted will be given the opportunity to start in the spring. They also accept transfer applications so you can go to a cc for a semester of two and then try and transfer to the U.</p>

<p>if you got a 1220 you should at least get in for the spring or possible waitlist.</p>

<p>I meant to say if there is a summer term at the University of Miami, much like most public universities and community colleges. Also I’ve heard transfering is much easier than getting accepted as a freshman. If I do well in the summer and fall in a community college, 3.5 + gpa let’s say, what are my chances for entering as a spring transfer?</p>