Anyone know what HES100 is? Healthy Bama?

<p>D noticed this on her mybama on the Student page under Blackboard courses. Not something she enrolled in. She remembers at the beginning of the semester getting an email about there being a supplement to freshmen Com classes, but her instructor never mentioned anything so she sort of forgot about it and she is not even sure that this is it.</p>

<p>She seldom goes on the Student page to look around…just goes to where she needs.</p>

<p>So my question is: What is this? Does she need to power thru it? Is it going to hurt her gpa to not do anything with since it is not in her syllabus and she really has no idea of what it is?</p>

<p>There is another thread about this course (because I asked the same questions when it first came up on the student account two months ago). I don’t know how to copy threads, but I’ll give this a whirl:<br>
<a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/1386141-ua-100-a.html?highlight=healthy+bama[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/1386141-ua-100-a.html?highlight=healthy+bama&lt;/a&gt;
and, yay, it worked! :slight_smile:
My son has a grade posted already for Eng 111, so I interpret that to mean they did not have to take this courses tests afterall?</p>

<p>I went back and read the old threads…thank you for that, and nice job :wink: . But I only see where it says that it will not show up on your transcript. I don’t see anything that says that it won’t affect your grade in the class…</p>

<p>I am nervous…don’t want it to bring down her grade. Ughhh! Wish I had seen this earlier.</p>

<p>From an email about UA 100</p>

<p>"…This course is a supplement to your freshman compass course in which you are currently enrolled. The freshman compass courses include UA 100: Healthy Bama as
part of their course requirements and that is why you have been enrolled.
…</p>

<p>Freshman compass courses for the fall term include: AS 101, BCE 101, COM
100, GBA 145, ENGR 111, HES 100 and NUR 102. The details and deadlines
for completing these eLearning modules are posted on the eLearning
homepage for UA 100. It is important that you read the instructions for
completing the modules before you begin completing them. There is no
course fee for UA 100: Healthy Bama and the course will not appear on
your official transcript.</p>

<p>When I check DS e-Learning under UA 100 I can see 3 pre-tests and 3 post-tests grades. The students first take the pre-test, then they look at the material for each section and then they do the post-test. DS says it is mostly common sense stuff and should not take long to do.</p>

<p>So when is the do or die date? Tomorrow? She is in her last final right now and leaves tomorrow at noon for Nicaragua for the Greek Mission trip…think she can get it done in a couple of hours?</p>

<p>I don’t think there was a deadline, but since it is a requirement attached to a class that ends this semester, I would encourage your DD to do it asap.
Yes, she should be able to do it in a couple of hours.
Good Luck!</p>

<p>I asked my son about this, and I am not sure that the requirements about this “class” was well explained to the students. He seems to be very unconcerned about it.</p>