Anyone know when school starts in the fall?

<p>is the calendar up?</p>

<p>If it’s up, it would be on the school’s website. If it’s not there, then you might want to email the Provost office. This question keeps getting asked.</p>

<p>i looked for it and didn’t find it.</p>

<p>^ FWIW, the 2012 Summer Session is scheduled to end August, 3. As I recall, last year the move-in weekend was two weeks after the end of Summer Session, with some students (Outdoor Action, Alabama Action, etc) moving in one week after the end of Summer Session. If this holds true this year, move-in will be the weekend of August 17th, with some students moving in the weekend of August 10th.</p>

<p>thanks randomparent. that is useful information.</p>

<p>: )</p>

<p>I would think it would be Wednesday August 22nd…that’s just a guess. Recruitment is Aug 11th with Bid Day the 18th which then puts the girls out on retreat until possibly the night of the 20th (Monday) and then that gives them Tuesday to get ready for school on Wednesday…just a guess though.</p>

<p>more useful info! thanks.</p>

<p>the 22nd was my guess, too.</p>

<p>how early do the sorority girls have to go back to get ready for recruitment? 2 weeks?</p>

<p>Work week should start either August 3rd or 4th…usually it’s just a week before. Each house is different. Since DD is on Exec might go back 2 weeks earlier …we haven’t talked about that yet. DD is living in Tuscaloosa this summer so she’ll be there anyway. I would plan for the end of July just to be safe.
Mike…I’ve missed you!!! We should chat soon.</p>

<p>Found this calendar for the law school, which I think follows the same calendar as the rest of the school, or a very similar one if not.</p>

<p><a href=“http://www.law.ua.edu/misc/aCAL%2012-13.pdf[/url]”>http://www.law.ua.edu/misc/aCAL%2012-13.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Law school follows a different calendar. August 15th is right in the middle of recruitment so I know for sure that won’t be the start date. I still think it will be the 22nd…maybe the 21st but more likely the 22nd. That would put move in for OA and AA on Friday the 10th and Saturday the 11th. Just my two cents.</p>

<p>So, if my D does AA, will she be assigned to move in the 10th or the 11th or can we pick which of those days to show up?? Just wondering for booking a hotel in advance. We are OOS and I am not sure if we will drive or fly in yet.</p>

<p>The University will send a reminder to your mybama email acct telling you when sign up for move in is. If I remember it is in June (hint check the mybama email every day). You will then select a time to move in either on the 10th or the 11th…times are not “assigned”. Times go very quickly so make sure you stay on top of this. As far as hotles go remember that over 1500 girls will be moving in for recruitment that weekend as well so it’s a little chaotic to say the least. This is definitely you want to stay on top of.</p>

<p>Thanks ahpimommy, I thought we would have an easier time that weekend then the regular move in weekend which you said was bid weekend right? I guess either weekend will have its challenges.</p>