Anyone not have their roommate yet?!

<p>I don't have one yet, or a place yet- has anyone gotten housing in the last few days only? where are you ending up? when will I foind out?... And i saw that a 5 on AP Eng + Lit get's you out of both semesters of English, will a 4 do anything for me?</p>

<p>For AP credits, check out this link: <a href="http://www6.miami.edu/UMH/CDA/UMH_Main/0,1770,6583-1;18141-2;40533-3,00.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www6.miami.edu/UMH/CDA/UMH_Main/0,1770,6583-1;18141-2;40533-3,00.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>If you go to MYUM and go to the student page, then Academics, near the bottom is a link for "unofficial Transcripts" which when opened will tell you the credits and class creit you are getting for your AP courses and any other college level work you ahd sent to them.</p>

<p>As far as your roommate info, its really late, i would be calling the housing dept. at Miami ASAP to find out what's happening. You don't want to get screwed and end up in the Holiday Inn like some freshmen did apparently last year.</p>

<p>My son has a friend who still hasn't gotten his roommate or housing assignment yet either. I think they are still placing people. But a call certainly couldn't hurt. Good luck.</p>

<p>some people already got placed in university apartments because there aren't any dorm rooms left.</p>

<p>Man, good points and bad points to that I think. On the one hand you get nicer, more spacious place to live in the apts. and priority for them next year since you are already in them. On the other hand you miss out on some of the social building by being around the other incoming freshmen and the dorms in general. </p>

<p>Did you get placed in the apts. Blackchicken?</p>

<p>nope, i'm in hecht mcdonald tower.</p>

<p>Well, my son spoke to his friend today and he was notified today that he did get placed in the University apartments. I don't think he is very happy about it though.</p>

<p>If it's any comfort, my S toured the University Apts this summer and said they are VERY nice. Since it seems like the overflow freshmen are being placed there, it may not be that hard to connect with other new kids. Get out and get involved and you can have a great experience no matter what your housing assignment.</p>

<p>i'm not gonna edn up in the holiday inn am i? they did that for freshmen last year, you sure? when do yuo think is the latest I will find out my roommate, if I end up in an apartment is it a single? do they give freshmen singles randomly?</p>

<p>The Apts. are for 2-4 people I believe. And yes, they really did assign people to the Holiday Inn last year until room opened up in the 2nd semester. if I were you, I would be calling the housing dept. ASAP to find out what your status is and when it will be resolved.</p>

<p>alright, i ended up in eaton - anyone know of anyone who was in eaton or any of the other non exclusive freshmen dorms, how did it work out for them?</p>

<p>Wish<em>it</em>was_April's S was a freshman in Eaton last year. Eaton was not his first choice, but he had a great first year at UM.</p>

<p>the housing at miami is terrible...the rooms are extremely small and everyone wants to get into university village because there is so much more space and also its brand new this fall. If you are a freshman don't worry if you arent in one of the towers, you can still hang out in the towers with people you meet in orientation etc., but you dont have to live there</p>