Anyone pay the bill using the electronic check option?

<p>I went to Easy to pay my S's bill and all was smooth until the last step, when I was asked to verify that the money could come out the account. But it said "I, SON, agree to have the money deducted from MY account." But I was about to pay with a check in my (as in mom's) account. Does the system try to match my S's name to the account owner, or do they just take the money out of the account by account number?</p>

<p>I will call UM in the AM but wondered if any of you have done this yet.</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>Good question- the instructions were worded to make it sound like it had to be from the student's own account... but how many students could possibly have enough funds to pay UM tuition??? if anyone finds out differently, please post it here!</p>

<p>I decided on a different payment option so I never tried to dig around for an answer- it would be helpful to know anyway.</p>

<p>Finally got through to them - more about that later - and they do not match the student's name to the account number. They just match the routing and account numbers. Apparently I was not the only one to wonder what to do.</p>