Anyone Use a Trailer for Move In?

<p>Has anyone out this used a trailer this year or in the years past for move in? What are you experiences, good & especially bad?</p>

<p>I have a pickup and with the forecast for rain on Friday I am thinking about renting the smallest u-haul closed in trailer instead of trying to cover everything with a tarp.</p>

<p>We fortunately haven’t required a trailer (yet) but the boy has my truck down there with him now and it has an 8’ bed and a fairly weatherproof cover.</p>

<p>But, we have done this in multiple trips and I now fear we are in a position where a truck alone will not be enough if/when he moves out next spring. I was looking at U-Haul today as a matter of fact. Their biggest enclosed trailer was just under $200 for a one-way trip home from T-Town (up to 4 days use, no mileage charges).</p>

<p>I don’t mean to be negative, but Murphy dictates that if it can rain, it will. I would not want to be in a position where I was fighting with a tarp on the side of the interstate.</p>

<p>One lesson we learned early on was that those plastic totes are your best friend. Don’t bother with cardboard boxes.</p>

<p>Hope that helps!</p>

<p>rolltide…I agree about fighting a tarp on the interstate…been there and done that, no fun!..and with the Monsoon like rains we have been getting in GA & AL this year I am planning for the worst. I’ve got lots of plastic tub to use.</p>

<p>It was absolutely POURING when we moved him out of Presidential this past May. It was MISERABLE. We had what was then his SUV and my Truck, and they both were packed to the gills with no room to spare. Admittedly, he probably has more stuff than your average bear, but I guess the moral of the story is don’t attempt to transport anything you can’t fully enclose or can tolerate getting wet. </p>

<p>It seems like common sense, and I suppose it is, but I think the weather is often underestimated at times like this. He lived on campus this summer, came home for a weekend to pick up a futon he wanted to take back for the fall, and thank goodness for the bed cover, as he encountered rain again on that trip.</p>