Anyone used eShuttle

<p>Trying to book a ride to the airport for son on Tuesday afternoon and can’t use campus shuttle because of the times.</p>

<p>I know of Birmingham Door to Door, but I haven’t been able to talk to anyone in person there.</p>

<p>Housing also gave me the number for Eshuttle, and I got to talk to a real live person there.</p>

<p>Was wondering if anyone has ever used this service, how reliable they are, etc.</p>

<p>Although cost is an issue, reliability comes first.</p>

<p>Son has many tests, papers, due right now and doesn’t have time to hunt down a ride.</p>

<p>Original plan to pick son up and bring him home has fallen through as Dad will be going into the hospital, and we were lucky enough to get son a flight home. Ride to the airport is an issue.</p>

<p>Son has 10 AM class and flight at 4 PM out of Bham, so will need a ride leaving Ttown around noon at the latest. Campus shuttle leaves at 11 AM and 2 PM.</p>

<p>Eshuttle’s cost does go down if we can find students to share the ride, but want to make sure they’re reliable before I book them.</p>

<p>can’t he duck out of class a little early and catch the 11 o’clock shuttle??</p>

<p>Does the University shuttle leave right on time? If so, it only takes an hour to get to the airport. If son has his boarding pass printed and is carrying on his bags then an hour is plenty of time for BHM. t’s never taken me more than 10 minutes to get through security checkpoint at that airport. </p>

<p>If the shuttle leaves a little late then I’d have him ask his prof if he can duck out 10 mins early. Should be long enough to get back to his dorm, grab his bag, and get to the shuttle.</p>

<p>Can’t duck out of 10 AM class. Has a test that day. Don’t want him to rush through it to get to a shuttle. </p>

<p>I don’t know if the shuttle was late at fall break, although son did say it took a long time to get to the airport and some people almost missed their flights. Don’t want to chance a 2 PM shuttle for a 4 PM flight.</p>

<p>If possible, I’d have him take his bag to class and leave from there. The shuttle tries to leave on time or within the 5 minutes after scheduled departure. While I’ve arrived at the Birmingham Airport 45 minutes before my flight, checked bags, cleared security, and still have 15 minutes to sit and wait for boarding to begin, I don’t recommend cutting things that close.</p>

<p>I also would recommend that your son talk with his professor who is giving the exam. The professor may have a 9 a.m. class and could offer your son the chance to sit with that class. That would solve the problem. I did that several times in college – especially if I had to go to work. Professors are understanding about travel situations. </p>

<p>Or, since your son is in CBH, he could put out an e-mail to the CBH students and ask if anyone is driving late Tuesday morning to the Birmingham area. He just may find an upperclassman heading in that direction who can drop him at the airport.</p>