Anyone visited Purdue?

<p>Has anyone visited Purdue and what did you think? Family is visiting next week and attending information session. Applying to the engineering school. Is it true there are underground tunnels at Purdue?</p>

<p>OK, does anyone GO there or know anything about the college, pros and cons?</p>

<p>I'm going for one of their Fall Preview days tomorrow. Also, I know they have underground tunnels to some of the residence halls and parking garages and stuff like that. Let me know how your visit goes.</p>

<p>So, how was Purdue? What college are you applying?</p>

<p>i visited purdue over the summer, so i didn't get a great feel for it since there weren't many students there. but the things i did see were all pretty good. campus isn't the most beautiful place in the world but is nice. lots of weird things here and there like purdue's grave. only cons i really felt was dorm related. the dorms are decent, not great, and they're far away from the rest of campus. and also no cars allowed for freshmen, it makes me feel like i'm going to be just kinda stuck there, and i don't like that feeling at all. about the underground tunnels, i don't know anything about that. i also went on the engineering tour, which was interesting. we saw the EE building, chemE lab, physics lecture hall, and some other places. overall, i really liked the campus. i felt pretty comfortable there, but it'll probably be a lot different during the school year. another thing, surrounding town kinda sucks, but there's a smoothie king and panera, so i guess it's not completely bad. i also visited UIUC two days before visiting purdue, and personally, i liked purdue a lot better. so, not sure if that means anything, but i'm probably going to purdue rather than uiuc, though also for financial reasons, and the fact that i like purdue's first year engineering program.</p>

<p>It was great. Everyone was really friendly and helpful and I really liked the campus. I visited a couple of the residence halls, they aren't amazing, but they're definitely better than I thought they would be and the food served in the halls is great. They're kind of far from campus and it feels like it takes forever to reach them, especially walking in cold weather. There were a lot of people riding bikes though. I applied and got accepted into their school of education, so I can't really tell you anything about their engineering program. Although, I saw their EE and their physics buildings, and they are really impressive. I don't think that not being able to have a car on campus freshman year would be that bad. They have buses that run on and off campus all day and there are tons of restaurants near by, probably within walking distance. Also, there isn't much traffic on the campus because most of the streets are built to go around the campus, so it's really easy to get around without having to deal with lots of cars and traffic. Overall, I really loved it...if you have anymore questions just let me know. </p>

<p>When are you going to visit?</p>

<p>Just got back from visiting Purdue and it was impressive. Everyone was friendly and the engineering dept. seemed fantastic. Son just loved it. Thanks everyone for posting; thanks to CC and the Purdue archives, we decided to visit and son has applied. We never would have even thought of Purdue had it not been for this site.</p>

<p>Are there lots of attractive women on campus??</p>

<p>Yes, we saw plenty of attractive girls. It wasn't exactly UT where 1 out of 3 look like Heather Locklear or Jennifer Anniston, but there was a good mix.</p>