Anyone Who Reads CC and Attends Marietta

<p>What is it like? Happy there? Pros/Cons? Anything you'd like to share? I would like to learn more.</p>

<p>Took my daughter out there a couple of times while we were looking 1.5 years ago. My father graduated from Marietta ['54; just went back for his 55th reunion] and I was there for three semesters prior to transferring out due to homesickness complicated by other issues [don't go by my experience].</p>

<p>My first trip(s) back in 32 years and it was great to be there. If I could do it over, I never would have left. Town is New England-like with some cobblestone streets and historic homes, and, of course, the Ohio and Muskingum Rivers. Do the historic walking tour offered by the school when visiting [if offered; I think that happened during an Admitted Students event -- else do your own by taking a stroll toward the northwest along 5th St., beyond Putnam St.].</p>

<p>Dedicated to liberal arts, with professional aspects. Known for its Petroleum Engineering program, but has other strengths, such as its Leadership program, Psychology, Business, Theater Arts, Education, Physician Assistant, Athletic Training, relationship with China, ... I'm probably missing some.</p>

<p>New library and observatory. Great exercise facilities for all students. The provost is most impressive, and seems to be hiring excellent faculty.</p>

<p>Traditionally strong for men's crew and baseball.</p>

<p>We are from the northeast and I believe that worked in our favor regarding a generous merit scholarship my daughter was awarded.</p>

<p>When the dust settled after all the acceptances, wait-lists, a single rejection, and FA packages, it ended up as #2 on my daughter's list [above one other Ohio school that would generally be considered to be more prestigious than MC], and she opted for Clark University in Worcester instead [where I transferred to], where she's very happy.</p>

<p>Trumpetdad, thank you for the information.</p>