Anyone with presidential and engineering scholarships only - let's talk taxes

<p>i couldn’t begin to “balance” it. i have no idea what is going on!</p>

<p>haha</p>

<p>ok … just re-looked at the online 1098. seems that what is going on probably has to do with 3 semesters worth of scholarship being credited and reported in one year. the numbers still don’t add up correctly, though.</p>

<p>Bamamama, when my husband was trying to reconcile the 1098 with our son’s bills, he complained how the tuition went up dramatically from Fall to Spring. I pointed out that our son only took 13 credits in Fall and 18 in Spring…perhaps your student took less credits the 2nd semester to make the tuition different. My husband did finally figure out the 1098 and it was accurate but it took a little while to do this.</p>

<p>i don’t understand why ours is SO much different than everyone else’s?</p>

<p>MikeW, I strongly suggest calling UA’s Office of Student Receivables and getting transferred to one of their back office people who handle the 1098-Ts. I had to wait a day to schedule a meeting, but talking to someone whose primary job function is making sure that UA sends out every legally-required payment form was very helpful.</p>

<p>MikeW - mine is the same as yours. Three semesters of the Engineering scholarship are appearing on the 2012 1098-T. I filed an extension for both my return and my DS. I plan to call UA in the next week or so to try and get it sorted out. If I get an explanation, I’ll PM you details.</p>

<p>thanks wake. that would be great!</p>