Anyone with summer storage experience?

<p>Looking ahead and wondering how well getting a storage unit for May, June, July, August works out. Anyone have a ballpark range on prices? Do OOS roommates often share?</p>

<p>Students do share, not necessarily just roommates. Look for a climate controlled unit, the summers can be extremely humid and you don’t want mold growing on anything. Prices vary by the size of the unit and you will pay more for climate controlled. You can get a small unit 5x5 for about $50 a month but that would probably be too small to share especially if both students have bikes or bookcases.</p>

<p>I got a climate controlled, 5x10 for $80 a month this summer. And I’m not sharing with anyone because most of my stuff barely fits in that space.</p>

<p>My D and 4 other friends rented a large unit, air conditioned, indoor unit for about $40 for the whole summer. high ceilings makes it possible to stack really high if you use the right kind of boxes! :-)</p>

<p>^^^Was that $40 each per month?</p>

<p>Also, if your student is going to the unit by themselves, make sure that the area is safe and that there is 24 hour access if needed.</p>

<p>I am hoping to also rent one for my son next summer. How early should it be booked to be assured of getting one? I know there is a thread about this but I hate searching so far back. I am hoping S can rent a zip car to move stuff in and again in August to move it out and into dorm if we can’t go down.</p>

<p>i don’t think i have heard of anyone having trouble getting a storage unit.</p>

<p>Robotbldmom … It was $40 for the whole summer. A great deal if you can find enough to go in on it. She’s in with a group of 5 which means that the cost for the unit was approximately $200 for the summer. 3 of the 5 are going to be RAs this year, so by the time we get down in 3 weeks it’ll pretty much be empty.</p>

<p>Wow, great deal!!</p>