AP Calculus AB - Study Tips

I am currently a senior in AP Calculus AB. I came from regular Pre-calculus, where I ended with an A despite struggling. My school does not offer regular Calculus or Statistics, and my counselor encouraged me to take Calculus over Statistics, math-wise. I am really not doing well in the class at all; I’ve been hovering in the high C, low B range. I’m not sure if this is a result of my studying or other factors. I seem to understand everything in class, but when I get to the test, I just blank. Right now I’m doing review problems and going to Khan Academy and AP Classroom videos when I get stuck, but it doesn’t seem to be working. My teacher has review sessions the day before a quiz or test, but he always goes so fast that I never seem to be able to review anything. Are there any additional study tips specifically for Calculus that might be able to help me raise my grade? Should I look into a tutor?

You may want to check your precalculus knowledge with this quiz: rurci3

If that reveals any gaps, you may want to review those topics so that they will not get in your way when you have to apply them to solve calculus problems.

1 Like