AP Calculus credit?

<p>Hi, I am about to become a freshman engineering student at the university. When I was a junior it took the Ap Calculus bc exam and scored a 3, with a 3 ab subscore. As of now I feel that I probably forgot most of the material taught and am wondering whether i should start in Calc 1 or Calc 2. I dont want to jump into Calc 3 just yet. Any info appreciated!</p>

<p>If you took the A/P test junior year, why stress yourself out by jumping into Calc II? IMHO, it would be much better to take Calc I get a good grade and good understanding of the subject matter before moving forward. For what it’s worth I’ve heard that Calc II is supposed to be harder than Calc III.</p>

<p>With a 3 AP score and the fact that it was a while ago I would probably suggest that you start with Calc I to ensure you have the building blocks. From what I have heard Calc II can be fairly hard.</p>

<p>Just one opinion, I am sure you will get more.</p>

<p>Another vote to start with Calc I. </p>

<p>Another benefit is you can take Honors Calc I in the fall and get 4 honors credits. Unless something has changed, honors Calc II is only offered in the spring.</p>

<p>Yeah, i was leaning toward starting at Calc 1. I just hate throwing away so many ap credits. Now i kinda wish i took Ap Calc as a senior.</p>

<p>Well, look at it this way…you’re more likely going to get an A if you pay attention and do the work.</p>

<p>I guess thats true, thanks for all the replies.</p>

<p>My S got a 4 on the AP exam as a Junior. He is taking Calc 1. So much of the future Calculus classes will build on the topics covered in Calc 1 and it has been more than a year since he took the class, he decided to take it again as a safety.</p>

<p>He reminded me it wasn’t a race to get done, but an opportunity to learn. As a matter of fact, this one class would not change his expected graduation date. So why risk it.</p>

<p>I got a 5 on AB my senior year but still opted to retake Calc I. While I didn’t learn much new, I don’t really regret it - I got honors credit and didn’t have to study too hard for the class, meaning I had more time to deal with things like acclimating to the new environment and trying out clubs. I vote retake, but it’s ultimately your choice! Best of luck!</p>

<p>Thank you all very much for your time. I guess it would probably be best for me to start at the first just to make sure i understand everything</p>