AP Classes

<p>Specifically for the U, would it help to take an AP Chem course and end up with a C in my junior year, or would it b better to not take it? Ino ther words, what's better, a C in an AP class or no AP class at all?</p>

<p>Also, is Honor's physics looked at as an AP course?</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>I am quite sure that Honors Physics is not looked at as an AP course because it isn't one. Our school, for example, offers both Honors Physics and AP Physics in addition to Physics.</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>I do not see the value of taking an AP in your junior year if you do not feel you can get better than a C. My S did not have any APs until senior year(2) and it did not hurt his chances at all. You should try to take challenging classes where you can be successful. Good luck.</p>

<p>My son didn't take an AP or honor's class at all in high school. Our school didn't offer a single one. He did, however, take several "dual enrollment" classes taught at the high school as part of his curriculm that he did receive jr. college credit for. While for the most part, they didn't transfer very well to UM (even though his jr. college GPA was 4.0), it didn't hurt him admission-wise, nor scholarship wise when he was applying......</p>