AP college board sending score after July 11

My son tried to send AP scores today and the college board says that they will send the scores only after July 11. The deadline is July 15. Does he need to submit an update form?

That would be a problem for us too. Scores should be released the 5th. Do you know why they won’t send until the 11th?

We submitted an update form. The admission officer replied stating " we will still be able to receive your scores past the set July 15th deadline."

What I’m concerned about is will they let students register for math classes without that AP test covering the prerequisite?

Check with the college on whether prerequisites are enforced for choosing classes, or if students with pending AP scores can choose speculatively and try to change later.

My son will have an advising appointment before he registers. We’ll ask.

Assuming incoming frosh at UCB based on the tag on the thread…

He may want to try the old Math 1A and 1B final exams if he is considering skipping them with AP credit:

The UCB math department equivalencies are given here:
https://math.berkeley.edu/courses/choosing/high-school-exam-credits
Most L&S departments follow the math department’s equivalencies if they have math requirements for the major (but check each department to be sure). Other divisions like CoC, CoE, business, etc. may have different equivalencies and requirements.

He has dual enrollment classes that cover 1A and 1B, but we’ve heard they also want to see a 4 or a 5 on the BC test to waive out of 1B.

If the dual enrollment course is a community college course considered equivalent to UCB Math 1B on https://www.assist.org , then no AP score is needed.

The UCB math department only considers a 5 on BC to cover Math 1B. Departments that follow the math department on this will also require a 5 on BC to cover Math 1B. CoE allows a 4 on BC to cover Math 1B, but says that “Students with a score of 4 should strongly consider taking MATH 1B.” CoC policy appears to be the same as that of the math department.

Ok, we’ll see what they do then. He has taken college level calculus 1 and 2 and he took the AP test just in case. They already have his college. transcripts, but won’t have the AP test before he registers.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.