AP courses to transfer or not to transfer that is the question

<p>Our daughter got her admittance today. Sounds like we will not be notified of the Presidential Scholorship until March (according to admittance rep). </p>

<p>So in the mean time, what are people’s thoughts regarding Tranferring AP classes? My daughter will have 7 when she enters UA. She has 5’s on all so far? Looking for pro’s and con’s. </p>

<p>Thanks in advance…</p>

<p>Since we are officially accepted I guess I can say this now:</p>

<p>Roll tide roll</p>

<p>It depends on her major and the AP classes she’s taken. It was a much more straightforward decision for my D who is a humanities major than it is for STEM majors.</p>

<p>She will be a STEM student (engineering).</p>

<p>Welcome and Congrats!</p>

<p>There’s no harm in sending them all. Bama will allow you to retake any of these classes. You’re not obligated to “use” the credits, nor are you obligated to move to the next level.</p>

<p>So, send them all.</p>

<p>Unless there’s been a change in procedure, your D will get her Presidential Scholarship notice soon.</p>

<p>I hope you are right about the scholarship. Thanks for all of your help. We have you to thank for finding BAMA. Although in our house we call it LABAM. My daughter bought a UA shirt last week. When she wears it, both the first A and the last A are under her arm pits - thus LABAM</p>

<p>Thanks again for your help.</p>

<p>I’m going to call Scholarships tomorrow…in the past, notification comes shortly after acceptance.</p>

<p>There is sometimes a delay for the lower scholarships because the school waits to see if the student is going to retest in the fall to qualify for a higher one. But, with Presidential, there’s usually no delay.</p>

<p>I will find out the latest. </p>

<p>Congrats again.</p>

<p>and, again, no worries about the APs…Bama will let you retake if you want…not like some schools. lol</p>

<p>edit: I just emailed Lindsay Hutcherson about scholarships.</p>

<p>Congrats on dhtr getting into LABAM, Sniner!</p>