AP Credit and General Education Requirements?

<p>So the CollegeBoard has two different types of AP tests, AP English Language and AP Eng Lit. On Madison's AP credit transfer gives one the option of using the credit earned on the AP tests to get credit for a general education requirement. </p>

<p>So last year, I got a 4 on my AP English Language test. That means I would get exempt from CommA (i think). So is there any reason for me to take AP English Lit test for credit? I already got exempt from the CommA, doesn't that mean I don't need to take any more English Langauge/Literature classes anymore? I don't want to have to take any more english classes in college (really don't like them) so I want to get them out of the way with AP credit. But not sure if I should sign up for the Eng Lit test, because even if I do pass it, does it really matter? Does it give me any credit for required courses at all?</p>

<p>The AP credits I got from english were treated as electives. They will exempt you from comm A (which you could pass through the placement tests anyways), but I don’t think they give you lit credit and they certainly don’t exempt you from comm b–so you will still have 1 or more writing intensive courses to take…</p>

<p>Every college has its own gen ed requirements beyond the university’s minimum standards. The electives won’t satisfy those requirements, so you will have to take between 3-12 more credits depending on the college you end up at.</p>

<p>An additional AP course will only give you more elective credits in english–helping you graduate early if you wish but not helping you fulfill literature requirements.</p>

<p>hello man, it is said that uwm is a university which located in a small city. So i deem that maybe i will have less opportunities to have some fun and have to study all the time. Can u introduce sth detail to me ? thx``lol</p>