AP credit - anyone know if they ever resolved the issues from last year's Bama Bound?

<p>IIRC, the problem we encountered was that D could not ask for the override herself. It had to come from an advisor. That is why we couldn’t do it prior to BB registration.</p>

<p>If the only Freshman/Level100 classes that your son is registering for are the eng’g ones, then there will be NO problems whatsoever at BB, based on his sophomore designation. I thought the problem last year was more to do with the Freshman-only Honors seminars, which are popular, and some Level 100 courses, and registration froze-out those students who appeared (to the system) not to be Freshman (based on their incoming credit hours). </p>

<p>Also, keep in mind that it can take several days (weeks?) for AP credits to show up on your bama account - despite my S sending in his scores in April, when we attended in June, they still were not entered onto his account. He had to get an override for Calc III, and Physics I and II, but that was easily dealt with at BB. Also, (so many also’s!) this will be the 2nd full year that they will have had their 4 designated engineering advisors in place, so they should be even more prepared to help eng’g students with advising and registration. On day 1 of BB, you will have a chance to meet your specific eng’g advisor - it went off of last name alpha. You can always call the eng’g college to see which advisor your S would have this coming fall.</p>

<p>My son attendend the July Honors BB and had no trouble at all getting into Cal 3 or a Freshman seminar although he was classified as a sophomore by that point on Degree Works…so I guess they had it figured out by then :)</p>

<p>Keep in mind that AP credit for class taken this year will not be processed by BB time. If you pay extra to sent the scores to UA now, the only scores that will be sent are courses take in your student’s first 3 high school years. </p>

<p>If you don’t send in the $15 now, the scores from the earlier tests will be sent along with the senior year scores.</p>

<p>Class2012mom - thanks, I did know that. The ones he will need for registration this year are ones he took last year. (Calc AB and CS). This year he’s taking both physics C tests, calc BC and eng comp. He’ll be fine on BC (and the class that gives you credit for is not a prereq for Math 301 anyway), so the only other variable is eng comp. I would be shocked if he doesn’t get at least a 3, but if he doesn’t he will just have to drop something and add the Eng class. It won’t affect how he registers at BB though.</p>

<p>freshmen had issues last year registering for freshman seminars, apparently because they had too much AP credit and were classified as sophomores. Do we know if they ever fixed that? I am trying to decide whether to send my S’s AP scores up to this point to Bama now or just wait till after this year’s tests and send them all (which would be after his BB session</p>

<p>As long as your child lists Alabama on his May AP exams, then ALL of his past AP scores will be sent around the end of June. That should be fine.</p>

<p>Thanks all! I went ahead and sent them tonight. Hopefully they will manage to get to Bama by the end of May. :slight_smile: His CLEP exam report showed up pretty quickly.</p>

<p>Mom2 - I know that all current and prior scores will be sent this summer, but the problem is that it won’t be in time for his BB session in May. I just want his registration to be as smooth and quick as possible so we can make our flight. So I’ll suck it up and pay the $15, no big deal. I was mainly just trying to make sure I wasn’t solving one problem and creating another, but it sounds like he will be fine.</p>