AP credit limit

<p>Hello all once again. I was just wondering whether or not UW had a limit on the number of credits that can be taken from AP. I will be entering this fall will (according to UW's AP chart) 40 credits. That seemed like a lot to me.. UW doesnt have a limit does it?</p>

<p>wow...40? I'm entering with 9 haha - only 2 APs offered at my school and then one foreign language that I grew up on</p>

<p>and I dono abou the limit lol sorry</p>

<p>The requirements are structured such that there is no "limit", but the limit in elementary courses you can take and other limitations and requirements for credits limit the amount you will receive. Depending on which APs you took, you might fill some requirements with your credits, while other credits will be just used as electives.</p>

<p>well here are my scores, let me see if i can figure this out:
Euro: 5
U.S.: 4
Eng Lang: 4
Music Theory: 3
APES: 5
Macro: 4
Micro: 4
Span Lang: 3
Eng Lit: 4</p>

<p>.... so according to the policy I should receive 40 credits, some of them will just be plain electives (like the APES credit), but some I will get actual requirement credit (like the micro/macro since I will be an econ major). right?</p>

<p>I don't think UW has a credit limit per se...</p>

<p>BUT</p>

<p>keep in mind you get penalized for having too many credits, whichever way they are earned. UW also requires 75 credits to be completed at the advanced or intermediate level. Most APs are counted only as elementary. It doesn't seem like a problem until you start looking at the classes required of your major.... like there is no AP zoology, but i still have to take it and it will only count as an elementary class. Then I need an ethnic course, which isn't covered by an AP either. and then an extra humanities course, etc.etc. Not bad until it starts adding up. It gets harder to squeeze in what you need while fulfilling the 75-credit rule and not going over your limit.</p>