AP Credit

So I was looking through how UC’s accept AP credit and I saw a lot that if you got 3’s you get elective credit, what is this will it help me graduate quicker or do you need a certain amount of elective credit to graduate UC"s

It might let you graduate early, if your major and breadth requirements specify fewer than 120 semester or 180 quarter units, so that you need to fill the rest with free electives.

At Davis, APs count as units towards graduation and for prereqs if you get a high enough score. They also count towards your class standing, which helps with registration times. However, they don’t count towards GE requirements.

As far as elective credit, you’ll need to take at least a few electives just for units. In most cases, you won’t fill out the 120 semester/180 quarter unit requirement for graduation with just major and GE requirements. You can use AP units towards any additional units you need.

Also, do AP scores get factored into admission

AP scores are used for college credit. AP scores are not considered in admisisons.

Ok, cool because i was looking at the different UC standards, and came to realize that there is no diffrence between a 4 and a 5

From the UC website under how they evaluate applications:

Number of and performance in UC-approved honors, Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate Higher Level and transferable college courses

As far as placement goes, there might be a difference between a 4 and a 5 depending on the campus and the exam. For example, at Davis a 5 on the AP Chem exam will allow you to skip the first quarter of general chemistry, while a 4 won’t.

@NCalRent but by performance I think they mean on the classes themselves and not on the actual applications

@PhantomVirgo My bad I was talking about AP World history transfer I didn’t mean to generalize at some UC’s I was looking at UCLA and UCI I think and they considered a 4 or 5 the same way, I wasnt making generalizations