AP Credit

<p>I've searched much of the Wisc site but I still have some questions about what required courses I can get credit for. Right now I'm trying to convince myself to come to Wisconsin over a less expensive school and I'm trying to figure out how much money I can save. </p>

<p>According to their AP credit chart, I can get:</p>

<ul>
<li>3 credits, English composition electives</li>
<li>6 credits of General electives</li>
<li>3 credits, statistics electives</li>
</ul>

<p>I found that a credit hour for an OOS student is ~ $865 (So if I can get credit for all the AP tests I've taken - total savings would be $10,380? </p>

<p>I plan on majoring in Finance/Banking if that matters.</p>

<p>Keep in mind the English elective is most likely only going to fulfill the English part A requirement. You can test out of this by your placement exam. Although I do not think you get credit that way, perhaps you would rather take an AP that you couldn't placement-test out of.</p>

<p>Also, try not to get too wrapped up in thinking "I have X number of credits, so this means I will save X many dollars." A lot can happen. I don't know much about the finance program, but some of the major have very sequential (sp?) course programs. So though you may have enough AP credit to reduce your course load each semester, you may still have take 12 credits. Twelve credits costs the same as the usual 15-16 credits. </p>

<p>Finally, if you're really interested in knocking off credits, don't forget about CLEP! The UW has a somewhat high cut-off point (75 out of 80), but it's definitely doable.</p>