AP English question

<p>The UA website shows the AP credit just as “English”. Is that language or literature? If you take both and score high enough on both, is it still just the same credit?</p>

<p>If you get a 4 or better on either AP English, then you get 6 credits for Frosh Comp I and II.</p>

<p>If you take both AP English classes and get at least a 4, then you also get a 3 credit for Literature.</p>

<p>If you get a 4 or better on either AP English, then you get 6 credits for Frosh Comp I and II.</p>

<p>If you take both AP English classes and get at least a 4, then you also get a 3 credit for Literature.</p>

<p>Is the additional 3 credits of lit for a 4 on both AP Lit and AP Lang new? I thought I read on another thread awhile back that the new credits this year (if you took both AP Lit & Lang and received a 4) was 6 credit hours for Comp I & II and an additional humanities credit. Three credits of Lit would be most welcome!</p>

<p>I as well was under the assumption that a 4 on both AP English exams would mean simply an extra humanities credit, as opposed to specifically a Lit credit.</p>

<p>Correction…</p>

<p>The extra 3 credits are humanities. I was thinking that it was Lit, but it’s Humanities elective.</p>

<p>AP (Advanced Placement) Scores</p>

<p>3 on either AP English test (Language or Literature) substitutes for EN 101 credit and places students into EN 102.</p>

<p>3 on both AP English tests (Language and Literature) substitutes for EN 101 and EN 102 credit and places students into 200-level literature courses.</p>

<p>4 or 5 on either AP English test (Language or Literature) substitutes for EN 101 and EN 102 credit and fulfills a student’s 6-hour core composition requirement. Students with these scores qualify for optional placement into Honors sections of 200-level literature surveys (EN 215, 216, 219, or 220)</p>

<p>4 or 5 on both AP English tests (Language and Literature) substitutes for EN 101 and EN 102 credit (fulfilling a student’s 6-hour core composition requirement) and also awards the student 3 additional hours of elective humanities credit.</p>