AP Environmental Science?

<p>I was just looking at the list of AP courses and what is required to get credit for them at Alabama, and I noticed that AP Environmental Science isn’t listed. Is no credit given for this course? If not, is that because UA doesn’t have an equivalent course? It just seemed odd, given how generous the credit is for many other subjects.</p>

<p>AP Environmental just recently received approval from the geology department. It counts as a one semester class.</p>

<p>Hi there Beth’s Mom!</p>

<p>You are correct that UA is very generous with AP credits, that said they do NOT give equal weight to AP Environmental Science.</p>

<p>Your daughter will get some credit however as a different class, she will get credit for Geo 105 which is 4 credits.</p>

<p>Does anyone know anything about credit for AP Literature. I did not see it on the list either? Thanks!</p>

<p>They will get credit either for AP Lit or AP Language, I believe, but they will not get credit for both.</p>

<p>That’s right, one or the other.</p>

<p>Thanks! You guys are a wonderful resource, Johnny-on-the-spot with the information!</p>

<p>Thanks everyone! D will be pleased to learn she can get credit for a Geology course. When she saw that Enviro Science wasn’t listed, she kind of muttered about how she could have gotten credit if she took AP Bio instead. However, when I asked her if she would have taken AP Bio had she known, she looked at me like I was crazy and told me that she’s already had her fill of biology and she really enjoys environmental science, so why would she have even considered such a thing. Silly me.</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>LOL…that’s kids…when you call them on their own words, they get a little annoyed don’t they? LOL Kids…that’s why we love them!</p>