AP Exams Major FAQ's-- Read this before posting

<p>Q. Will CollegeBoard send us comprehensive AP scores??
A. No, you will never recieve anything more than a sheet listing your AP Grades, even if you order your free response packs.</p>

<p>Q.How do you call in for your scores?
A. Call the "Grades-by-Phone" Service Number of 1-888-308-0013 and then you pay $8 from your credit card. They are usually first available a few days before the reported date of July 1st. This number works for international testers as well.</p>

<p>Q. Do you need your AP Number to recieve grades?
A. No, if you chose to put your SSN on your tests, but yes if you chose not to.</p>

<p>Q. How can I recover my AP number?
A. Call their office at normal business hours at (609) 771-7300 or (888) 225-5427 (toll-free in the U.S. and Canada). They will ask you some personal questions to confirm your identity.</p>

<p>Q. I called for my scores and some were missing. Why?
A. Scores are often not reported based on date of testing (later tests and make up tests take longer) or sometimes internationally.</p>

<p>Q. When will I recieve my scores in the mail?
A. This varies from state to state, and often within the state itself. It is generally seen that the Western Coast states will recieve scores earliest and eastern Coast last. The scores can arrive anytime between 1st and 3rd week of July.</p>

<p>I think this thread (if stickied) will help eliminate the millions of identical threads posted asikng questions already answered. This way people won't have to scroll through thousands of threads to find answers.
I hpoe mods choose to sticky this, and other CCer's, please let me know of any errors and unclear parts. Also call out for a sticky if you think this deserves one</p>

<p>Good job. I believe this deserves a sticky.</p>

<p>thx, thats kinda what i hoped for ppl to say, not just read it w/o comment</p>

<p>I agree. I am sick of the same question over and over again. Sticky, please, mods?</p>

<p>The problem is all of these questions can be solved by searching, but people can't get it into their head to do that. My bet is they won't look at a stickied thread either...good post though.</p>

<p>yea, maybe but a sticky is moer likely to be seen than search</p>

<p>I wish i knew what that meant...</p>

<p>Q. How does the rescoring process work?
A. The College Board will ask you for some more money and then manually regrade your MC. They will not look at your free response. It is possible for your grade to go up or stay the same, but we do not know if it is possible to go down.</p>

<p>Q. Should score reports show one's entire AP history?
A. Yes, the report should list all of your scores, however it might not due to inconsistencies with filling out the forms (i.e. no social security number some years...)</p>

<p>Q. How do I cancel scores or withhold scores? Can I hide scores?
A. Hiding your scores (from colleges) on the AP exam is called "withholding" and requires a fee of $10. You will be able to see what you got on the exam, however, in your private score report and your school report. If you cancel your scores, you will not be able to see what you scored on the exam - although there is no charge for the service. If you wish to use either of these services, fax a copy of your written, signed request to AP Services, P.O. Box 6671, Princeton, NJ 08541-6671 by June 15.</p>

<p>Q. I am a junior/sophomore/freshman. Do I need to fill out the college code on my answer sheet?
A. If you are not a senior, you do not need to send your scores to colleges. Many schools do not hold on to sophomore/junior scores and it would be easier (and makes more sense) if you sent your scores during your senior year. In fact, many schools want you to only send your scores during senior year.</p>

<p>Q. What are AP Awards?
A. You can start receiving AP awards as soon as you have 3 AP exams with scores of 3 or above. There are different levels depending on how many AP exams you took and the scores you received for those exams. The AP award takes the form of a paper certificate that gets sent to you in the fall after you take your AP exams. Graduated seniors will still receive paper awards for the AP courses taken in their senior year. Colleges will be notified through the score report they receive of your AP scholar designation (this is after college matriculation - you can self-report your AP award designation on your apps).</p>

<p>Q. Do I need to send official AP score reports to colleges when I apply to them, like the way I have to send SAT or ACT scores?
A. No. (unless they ask specifically)</p>

<p>Q. What are "Form B" AP exams?
A. They are designed specifically for students who are taking their AP exams outside of the United States. Form B exam scores may not be available through Grades-By-Phone until July 1.</p>

<p>Q. Can I discuss AP exam questions?
A. Never discuss any multiple choice questions. Do not discuss FRQ questions until 48 hours after the exam time. Never discuss any material on alternate testing materials. Please be considerate of academic integrity and the number of students taking AP exams around the world.</p>

<p>very good, now we need to bug the crap out of all the mods until they sticky this</p>

<p>"Q. I am a junior/sophomore/freshman. Do I need to fill out the college code on my answer sheet?
A. If you are not a senior, you do not need to send your scores to colleges. Many schools do not hold on to sophomore/junior scores and it would be easier (and makes more sense) if you sent your scores during your senior year. In fact, many schools want you to only send your scores during senior year."</p>

<p>You do not have to send your scores to colleges, even as a senior. You can choose not to report them at all. Most schools do not use them for anything other than advanced placement-- thus the name (that is, for skipping prerequisites). Some schools do allow students to bypass courses, thereby enabling students to potentially finish college earlier, but that is not done everywhere.</p>

<p>Come on mods.... sticky this!</p>

<p>I have a question. If you took 4 AP exams and lets say 3 of them you scored a 5 on but on the 4th you scored a 1/2, if you canceled the 4th, would you still be eligible for AP scholar awards? I haven't gotten back my AP exam results but I'm worrying about one of the AP exams.</p>

<h2>I have a question too (since no one is replying to my thread)</h2>

<p>I took the Calculus AB test; however, when I received my score report, they said that my test was still being completed. I called CC, and they said that they had my scores listed, but they wouldn't give it to me (GRRR). They said they would send it in the mail today or tommorrow. Does anyone have any idea as to why my score report was delayed. Both times that I called, I forgot to ask them why exactly my score was still being graded. Any ideas? Could they be using my FR as published example (of a bad/good answer)? Also, is anyone else waiting on a delayed score? Just curious. Thanks guys! I really appreciate the feedback!!!</p>

<p><3</p>

<p>and no I did not take it late, and yes, my friends have all received their scores.</p>

<p>At this point, I really don't feel like paying 8 bucks</p>

<p>Bump can someone please answer my question!</p>

<p>^^ Fred, I also want to know the answer to this question!</p>

<p>check CB website</p>

<p>good thread</p>

<p>i'm a senior right now, and if i wanna send AP scores to the college i'm going to, how do i do this?</p>

<p>i guess when i fill out the student pack thing, should i fill in my college's code?
and by doing this, collegeboard sends all AP scores (for me it's jr/sr years) right, not just the APs i'm taking this year?</p>

<p>so, i read the posts and i read about the $10 fee to keep the score from being sent to the college. but, is it possible to withhold only 1 ap test score? or does it withhold all of them?
i'm taking chem + 3 other ap's this year and marked my college on the answer sheet. i want to send all of my scores except for my ap chem score.</p>