AP Score Dilemma

So I am a rising freshman at the University of Alabama in the fall. I took AP tests in May, and I remember I was having trouble finding the UA code for sending scores for some reason. So, I wrote in the college name instead with all the information. Long story short, they were sent to some community college in Arkansas. I just discovered tonight that they were sent to the wrong college, and I sent a rush score report right away to UA (5-9 business days). My BamaBound Orientation in on the 23rd, and I really don’t trust the College Board to get my scores there on time. To compound the situation, I was really hoping to get a lot of the beginner credits out of the way with my scores. Is there anything I can do for this situation? I really am panicking as usual, and I already sent an email to the Student Services office. Is it possible I could go through course selection without the academic advising staff having my scores from the “official score report?”

Yes. My son went to Bama Bound last summer before his AP scores were back at all. The advisors gave him (and many other) students overrides to enroll in the classes they were going to need.

Do you have any sort of “unofficial score report” documentation from College Board that includes your scores? If so, I would absolutely bring copies to orientation. And I would make an appointment ahead of time with a counselor.

They may make it there in time. You can just print your score sheet and bring it with you, you will not have a problem getting the classes you need.

My son’s advisor had him log into his college board account in his office and show him his scores on line.

Perfect! Thank all of you for your repsonses! I guess I will wait until tomorrow to call and/or respond to an email I sent yesterday. Crisis averted!

@cj12345

My D had a mixup in having her scores sent and we did a rush order as well on a Friday and they were posted in DegreeWorks the following Tuesday so I think you will be more than fine. CollegeBoard seems to send them quicker than stated and Bama processes them quickly.

@my2caligirls Thanks for that bit of info. I figured volume for the College Board might decrease now because it is over a week after the scores came out.

No offense at all, but this post made me laugh and my wife as well when I read it to her. These things happen, and you will be fine. Be ready for a lifetime of your UA hats and shirts being misinterpreted as Arkansas or Arizona depending on where you are in the country. :slight_smile:

@BooBooBear My mom laughed too when I told her. Freaking out is just part of my personality!