AP scores in Degree Works Yet?

<p>"Does anyone know if AP credit for HIST 101 and 102 should count towards the depth study requirements? My S’s credits are showing for the History credits but not for the depth study credit. "</p>

<p>RTRMOM: Do you mean the History/Lit sequence? If so, yes, History 101 & 102 are showing up as satisfying this requirment as the western civilization sequence on DS’s Degreeworks. However, they used History 203 & 204 (American Civilization/AP US History) credit to satisy the History and Social and Behavioral Sciences section. So, I don’t know if this has impact on how credit is distributed. Hope the info helps.</p>

<p>NRDMOM, my D also took the AP Latin test. She scored a 5 and the new course catalog says she should earn 14 credit hours for that. However, if you look at each individual class that the AP Latin test is giving credit for it’s Latin 101, 102, 201 and 202. The course catalog shows that Latin 101 and 102 are only 3 credit hours each unlike some of the other foreign language courses that give 4 credit hours for the 101 level. D really got 12 hours from the 5 on AP Latin as shown in Degree Works. There is a discrepancy somewhere.</p>

<p>On the bottom of my DegreeWorks page it shows this:</p>

<p>“Insufficient Due to Grades and/or Repeats”
and under it is EC 110
I have transfer credit for it, and next to it it says “A (grade) Fall 2012”</p>

<p>What does this mean?</p>

<p>linnylu - </p>

<p>I agree it is odd the promised and actual numbers don’t match. If the other two credits are not awarded, it’s not the end of the world, but it IS the difference between attaining Junior status at the end of his first semester or not!</p>

<p>What are the credit ranges for class classification? Mainly how many credits are needed for junior status?</p>

<p>Tommy, do you ahve AP credit and DE credit for the same course?</p>

<p>No, only DE.</p>

<p>GraduatingSenior - </p>

<p>According to my research (a previous CC post ) status is as follows:</p>

<p>Freshman: 0-30
Sophomore: 31-60
Junior: 61-90
Senior: 91+</p>

<p>Congrats on having acquired so many credits!</p>

<p>Thanks NRDMOM. Based on those ranges it looks like I’m already halfway through my sophomore year.</p>

<p>Tommy, my D has the same verbiage for a language course that she is enrolled in but also has CLEP credit for. It seems they think she is retaking it to raise a grade? That is probably why students usually retake a course. </p>

<p>Are you enrolled in the class that you are questioning?</p>

<p>Ah, yes, I’m retaking it. That must be why. thanks.</p>