AP Tests & College Applications/Admissions

<p>So when I applied for colleges at the beginning of this year, I put on my UC application that I was planning on taking the AP Macroeconomics test in May 2010. However, I just decided that I’m not going to take that test anymore. I already got responses from the UC’s that I applied to (UCI, UCSB, UCLA), and I think I got into them. (I know I did for UCI and UCSB for sure, but not officially from UCLA yet, even though I did get accepted in their arts program.) If I put on my application that I was going to take the AP test, but am not anymore, do I need to contact the colleges and tell them? Is it a big deal if I don’t take it? I don’t think Econ is a general ed class that I would have to take, and I’m not majoring in anything that has to do with economics. If I don’t tell them and don’t take it, will it matter? (I’m most worried about UCLA, since that is the college I am most interested in out of all the UC’s.)</p>

<p>UCLA or other colleges won’t care. You don’t need to notify them of anything. I don’t even remember a section about planned AP tests on the UC application.</p>

<p>You are not required to notify the UCs if you decide not to take “planned” AP exams.</p>

<p>polkadots, just curious when and how did you learn that you were accepted to the UCLA arts program? I also applied to the arts program (Design | Media Arts) and have not heard anything yet :frowning: Guess I would have heard by now if I had gotten in. Oh well, it was a long shot.</p>

<p>Oh no don’t make any assumptions! Haha I applied to the music program (I play the violin). The violin professor emailed me and just said the music faculty had already made their decision and just wanted to let me know early, but said that I would not get the official email until the middle-ish of March. I’m in a different area of the arts program, but don’t worry! It’s still early, so keep holding your hopes high! Official notices don’t come out until middle-late march to April 1</p>

<p>^ thanks for the explanation. I thought Art decisions went out, but guess we need to wait a bit. Congratulations btw.</p>