Aparments wiscosnin Madison

<p>Hey guys I'm going to to be transferring to Madison next year with a friend of mine as we are looking to get an apartment. We are both chemistry majors and we were wondering what apartment highrises are close to the chemistry department? Anyone have any names? I already looked at Grand Central and Lucky but we are not going to live there (no open rooms). We are looking for a nice somewhat new apartment. Also, how long do you think apartments are going to still be available on campus! Thanks everyone!</p>

<p>All the really nice places are going to be full for the most part. Grand Central and Lucky are the two nicest/biggest near the Chem department, but try looking in the Spring Street area, those places are pretty nice (but could be full). A lot of places have already been leased - since there is more available housing than students in Madison, this is not a huge problem, but you’ll have to be a little more creative. There are a lot of highrises on Gorham/University (I live in one of them - Equinox) and there might be spaces in some of them. These would not be specifically close to Chem, but it’s only a 10 minute walk or so, and lots of students live in this area. Another thought I just had would be Humbucker, it’s pretty close to Chem and it was built maybe like a year ago. I would not wait around too long though, here in Madison the prime stuff is gone by fall semester and the rest gets snatched up now or even earlier. Good luck!</p>

<p>yeah I was thinking Equinox but my friend says its around a 20min walk away.Its open though so we might check it out if we have no other options. Hows the living there by the way? Also, Humbucker isnt furnished so thats out of the question…anyone have any other thoughts or ideas?</p>

<p>There are many lowrise places near the Spring St area near the Comp Sci building. Do the UW off campus housing search on the website.</p>

<p>If you contact places like Madison Property Management, they can email to you a list of people who have already signed leases for next year, but who are looking for additional roommates. MPM manages Grand Central, and students sign these leases so far in advance, that circumstances/arrangements/needs change (study abroad, internships). So you and your friend could find a place in Grand Central - like a 4 bedroom that has 2 empty rooms, and make new friends.</p>

<p>Son (and we parents- need a cosigner) dealt with Madison Property management one year, then Smith management company. Students diss the management companies- such as how difficult it is to get back security deposits. Check out the websites via the UW off campus housing site.</p>

<p>Equinox is about 15-20 minutes from the chem building but it’s not a bad walk and lots of people do it every day. I like living there, it’s really nice, though it’s a bit loud and definitely has a “party” atmosphere (music going most weekends till late-ish, but in return no noise complaints when you’re playing music). Lots of drunk freshmen wandering around Thursday-Sunday too I guess, but you just ignore them and it’s fine. I can’t complain much about the actual apartment though. I think a lot of the units have already been rented, but you may want to check what’s left. And yeah, the management companies hate to give you your deposit back…though honestly we don’t really deserve ours back because we have lots of burn marks in the carpets and stuff like that, unfortunately. :/</p>

<p>most nicer places are already taken bro</p>