Apartment or Dorm?

<p>What is the difference between them? Looking at the white Creek Apartments and hullabaloo hall, the price for the room is about the same yet the apartment offers much more space and has a kitchen. So why do they cost about the same? I really like the white Creek Apartments because you get your own bedroom, are spots still available? I will be a freshman majoring in computer engineering. </p>

<p>Mostly location. I talked with student housing and they said distance from White Creek Apartments really isn’t walkable to most areas of campus. Instead, you’ll need to rely on a bus. Note that Hullabaloo has kitchens on each floor. Both with fill up quickly with Hullabaloo going first (within 3 weeks they told me).</p>

<p>I have been debating this yesterday. I really like the space of the apartments, plus you get washer/dryer and kitchen but the location is about a mile farther than hullabaloo hall.
So for the hullabaloo hall, kitchens are on each floor? How big is the kitchen? I assume it’s open only to residents on that floor?
Washer/dryer would be outside the dorm on the floor too?
If I apply for housing today, will I be able to get a 2 person suite at hullabaloo? I really want my own room.
I understand that hullabaloo is about half a mile away from engineering section and there is a food mart and restaurants close to it while the apartments are farther out.
On apartments, it saids a bus will take you to where you need to go. What happens if you miss the buss? How is parking? Would I just leave my car at the apartment/hall? </p>

<p>Sorry for all the questions… I have ALOT more too. I need to get my meningitis shot and schedule a new student conference. </p>

<p>Patstar, typically if you live on campus, you would want to park near your dorm. Although sometimes it does not work out that way due to several factors like if the lot you picked is full and you had to chose a lot further away, or if you are trying to save some money you might select a lot on West Campus (since they are typically cheaper). Once you receive your dorm assignment in the spring, the next step would be to chose a lot to park in (You sign up for parking in late spring). You can only park in your assigned lot. </p>

<p>If you decided to live in the new on campus apartments and missed your shuttle bus, you can either wait for the next bus (the shuttle buses come pretty frequently) or you can drive to campus and park in one of the garages and pay by the hour for parking. </p>

<p>You might want to contact Residence Life (their number is: 888.451.3896) to answer your other questions. When we were looking at dorms, all we were shown was the lobby and the model dorm in Hullabaloo. We never got to see the kitchen or other amenities at Hullabaloo. </p>

<p>My daughter lived in Hullaballoo, so I saw the kitchen there. It was really big. It was a large room with the kitchen set up along one long wall with lots of storage above and below. There was a long table/counter separating the kitchen space from a big living room lounge area with a big screen TV and lots of seating. I’m remembering this from over a year ago, so it might not be 100% accurate. I haven’t seen it this year so I don’t know if there were any changes made. The laundry room was on the first floor only. It was huge. I don’t think my D had any problems getting a washer/dryer. I think the machines would text you when they were finished. Pretty cool. My D liked to cook and she got her own cooking supplies. The general use stuff got a lot of abuse.</p>

<p>Thanks for the info, I chose hullabaloo as my 1st Choice. I will be going to visit a&m in a couple of weeks. I will tour hullabaloo and speak with academic advisor. </p>