Apartment search, work study - Two Part question

<p>Hi all.
I was recently accepted into University of Alabama as a transfer student majoring in Philosophy, aiming for Med School. I plan on attending Summer semester to bring up my GPA for a shot at Honors College. As for now I’m considering online for Summer but for Fall I will be in Tuscaloosa, I have been looking for some good apartments that have studios or 1 bed, are pet friendly, safe, close to UA and the stadium. I wanted to know if anyone has dealt with the ones on my list and possibly could share some insight/experience with me.</p>

<p>My choices:
2700 Capitol Park (top pick)
Riverfront Village
The Avenue
Crimson Student living
East Edge </p>

<p>Next, I have been doing some research for work study and student employment and found a job on campus that I am interested in. It’s tutoring either at the library or athletic center or both. I read over the requirements and am pretty good in Chemistry, Math, History, Literature, papers and study skills/ test prep. I find this would be a good job for me and would like extra information on it, have any of your kids did something similar to this? Is there a way to increase my chances for this job?</p>

<p>Any info would be great, please and thank you. And Roll Tide.</p>

<p>Work Study is a federally (and often state) funded need-based financial aid program. Not all on-campus jobs are Work Study positions. The student jobs listed on UA’s website are not Work Study positions.</p>

<p>UA has two types of UA-employed tutors, those who work for the Center for Academic Success helping all UA students and those who work for the athletics department helping NCAA athletes. The Athletics department typically prefers its tutors to be graduate students or juniors/seniors with high GPAs.</p>

<p>Note that many tutors find it beneficial to tutor privately as they can earn higher wages. This involves some self-promotion on their part to advertise their services and to be listed on a department’s list of private tutors. Tutors are typically busiest during midterms and finals.</p>

<p>East Edge is (or was as of recently) fully rented for fall for the one bedrooms and studios. </p>

<p>Both of my boys were tutors at the Center for Academic Success.</p>

<p>Those jobs were not work-study. you apply, and if they’re interested, they interview and hire you.</p>

<p>""I read over the requirements and am pretty good in Chemistry, Math, History, Literature, papers and study skills/ test prep. “”</p>

<p>Which college classes have you taken and what were your grades</p>

<p>You say that you’re premed, but you also say that you’re taking a summer class to boost your GPA to qualify for the Honors College. It sounds like you need to boost your GPA significantly to be a successful med school applicant. What is your cum GPA and what is your BCMP GPA?</p>