Apartments

<p>Thanks for everyone’s support, we definitely appreciate it. I am searching for apartments. Can anyone suggest any 1br apartments in Tuscaloosa or Northport around the $500 range? I’d prefer an area that isn’t filled with students as I will be a graduate student and need my peace and quiet. The selection online is rather limited. I’ve also noticed that apartments are somewhat more expensive than what I am used to. Has anyone else experienced this?</p>

<p>If you can’t name any specific apartments, a general area would be nice. I was planning on going out to Tuscaloosa in the next few weeks to look around and need a place to start. Do most of the grocery stores have those free apartment books outside?</p>

<p>Check the Tuscaloosa News classifieds. They had a few apartments listed with you specifications.</p>

<p>Thanks, I completely forgot about the newspaper.</p>

<p>Yes…the grocery stores have those apt books outside.</p>

<p>You might also look at renting a small house.</p>

<p>How safe is the south area of town? I found some apartments on Albright Road which is near McFarland Blvd/I-20/59 intersection. Northport looks decent, but there aren’t a lot of apartments in that area. Any specific areas to avoid?</p>

<p>I always hesitate to answer this type of question. There’s no area of town where you’ll be murdered in your bed, and conversely there’s no area of town that is completely something out of Pleasantville (but you can get pretty close on either end). I wouldn’t call South McFarland the safest part of town, but it’s far from the worst.</p>