Apartments

<p>As some of you might have read previous thread/post of mine, I should hopefully be transferring to UW-Madison in the spring '09 if everything works out.</p>

<p>Currently i'm looking for apartments. There are tons of them on craigslist, and the fact that i'm not there and don't know my way around, i wouldn't know what's good and what's bad. I'm basically looking for a 1br apt (no room mate), fully furnished, close enough to campus with a price frame of $500 - $750 (heat + water included). I'll be taking engineering classes, I'm not sure where my classes would be in terms of campus, possibly there might a specific engineering building</p>

<p>I've already been recommended something along the lines of behind Regent St and by Camp Randall (Randall St area). Any other additions that would suit me would be appreciated.</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>The area south of Regent and east of Monroe would be very good and walkable. Also University Ave. area west of Breese Terrace.</p>

<p>The UW website- see more... under Housing- has a list of off campus apts available where you can checkmark all sorts of data and it will generate a list meeting your criteria, with maps, contact info, etc. Check this out.</p>

<p>You should definitely use the Off-Campus housing database provided through Visitor and Information Programs. It's how I found my apartments soph and junior year, and it's incredible. </p>

<p>Check it out, Visitor</a> & Information Programs (VIP), I believe.</p>

<p>Post if you have questions about neighborhoods or the database itself. It's an incredible resource. Also, just call VIP if you have questions about the neighborhoods listed or how the database works. They are incredibly helpful. It's their jobs! ;)</p>

<p>Thanks all for the input. I'll check out VIP section and see how it goes form there. thnx again.</p>

<p>Easy route- UW home page- student life- more... - housing- offcampus housing.</p>