App. Status Question

<p>When I log in to check the status of my application it says that it is still being reviewed by an admissions counselor and to check back. It's said this for quite some time now. However, underneath it something new is showing:</p>

<p>You do not have any pending applications at this time.</p>

<p>I'm thinking this is not a good sign? I didn't expect to be admitted anyways...but it is a little confusing?</p>

<p>I have this one too... but I also have:</p>

<p>UW-Madison<br>
General Course - BS Degree 2007 Fall<br>
We have received your application and are reviewing your file to ensure we have all materials necessary to make a decision. Check back here for updates on your application status.</p>

<p>The no pending application thing is strange. Think they could find a better way to notify you if you are postponed or rejected.</p>

<p>I received the exact same message "application is no longer pending."</p>

<p>What the heck does that mean???</p>

<p>Hmm...interesting. Well, at least I'm not the only one!</p>

<p>I submitted the app like Oct. 15th, so im pretty sure it doesn't mean rejected or deferred because I dont think they would have made a decision yet.</p>

<p>I think it means that the university has made a decision but isn't going to tell you/send a confirmation email or letter yet. I really hope that is doesn't mean rejected or deferred.</p>

<p>I submitted the app. October 1st (but I'm applying for Spring) so I figure that I should find out soon. Maybe a letter will come in the mail tomorrow. Either way, it's just a confusing thing to have up there. Oh well, I guess that I will post the outcome here once I find out.</p>

<p>I sent out the app on Sept 15th...</p>

<p>I submitted the app Oct 15 but my school sent its stuff like October 30th, and mine says no pending applications, so I really don't think it means they've made a decision because that would be like a 2 day turnaround for me which is pretty impossible.</p>

<p>IhateCR -- How long has yours said that there is no longer a pending application? The whole time or just recently? </p>

<p>If I don't get anything in the mail tomorrow and nothing has changed online, I'm just going to call and ask what it means. It just seems contradictory. Maybe no decision has been made but something must have changed? Or maybe I'm just very impatient... :)</p>

<p>ahh i got the same thing. im so confused. i think i'll call to find out</p>

<p>
[quote]
You do not have any pending applications at this time.

[/quote]

The message sounds like a Halloween prank -- Sorry, the monster swallowed your application. :)</p>

<p>Ah, it's an error everyone. I just got off the phone with admissions and she said that message is an error and everything else is correct.</p>

<p>And then she hung up without saying goodbye. Eh, oh well. :) They must be flooded with calls about this because I was on hold forever and she knew exactly what I was talking about before I got past "...checking the status of my application..."</p>

<p>So fear not. Maybe it is a Halloween joke...but they are late!</p>

<p>my app status finally changed. it says its being reviewed by an admissons officer now.</p>

<p>I submitted my application on 10/9 and my high school sent transcript on 10/13 but I didn't get any e-mail. </p>

<p>Don't I need to get an e-mail to activate my id??</p>

<p>Hmm... call the admin office.</p>

<p>I received my campus id and everything on 11/14 and when I log in I don't see anything about the status of my application- where can I find it on my UW?</p>

<p>einstein- Click on the "Student Center" link which is located on the left hand of the page when you log in. There you can find the status of your application.</p>

<p>mine has said "We have received your application and are reviewing your file to ensure we have all materials necessary to make a decision. Check back here for updates on your application status." for like a month now :(((((</p>