Appalachian EA 2027

Does anyone know when EA will come out? Seems like in recent years it has been mid-December. App state is first choice for us!

wondering same thing. It is D23’s 1st choice as well

I saw on their visit page there is a section for admitted student visits starting mid-January. So I would think in the next week or two??

One of my D23 top choices, applied EA. Because we are OOS, she is being realistic that the cost might be too high, otherwise it would be her #1. Beautiful school/location and sounds like the student body is overall a good fit. Good luck to everyone!

According to their website, Jan 25 but may be earlier. I wouldn’t ‘assume’ b4.

Looking at their history Appalachian state EA decisions should be coming out on Thursday. Has anyone been able to confirm that with the admissions office?

That’s what I am thinking too - Thursday or Friday this week.

1 Like

I heard App had about 2,000 more applicants this year than last likely due to the Texas A&M win so that could affect the early acceptance. ? We will see.

Yikes. How/Where did you hear this? This give me anxiety!!!

An App State virtual parent session. One of the admissions people said it when asked about acceptances coming out this month instead of January. She gave no date though.

EA Decisions posted, my son was accepted! No email, he was just checking each school’s portals.

4 Likes

My daughter received her acceptance in the portal this afternoon as well!

3 Likes

my daughter got her acceptance in the portal as well. I did see that the App State Admissions Insta account said that EA decisions were posted and that is what triggered us to look.

UDel is tied with App State for 1st/2nd choice for D23. We have not heard from them yet. We are OOS for both. I highly doubt that UDel will offer the $20k needed to be equitable cost wise as App State

1 Like

Congrats! I am not sure how UDel releases their decisions. My S23 received his admittance to UDel a few weeks ago, but his best friend still hasn’t heard. We are OOS for both UDel and App.

My OOS son was admitted today! Does anybody know when he will be notified if he gets an Academic Excellence Scholarship? Unfortunately, we missed the Nov 15th deadline for the Signature Scholarships.

1 Like

My son was informed of his academic scholarship with his acceptance. It was noted in the letter and details are available in the portal.

2 Likes

I assume Honors College and Signature Scholarship info to come later.

DS got his acceptance and an “Appalachian Excellence” merit award today. I think signature scholarships, honors, and Watauga come later.

3 Likes

DS received is acceptance. OOS. He is so excited to receive this news earlier than expected!!

1 Like

For those of you whose children received scholarships, would you be willing to provide some information on their applications?