Appalachian EA 2027

My daughter received her acceptance today with a small Academic Excellence Scholarship of $1500.

OOS, 1190 SAT, 4.32 W, 10 honors classes, and 5 dual enrollment classes. No AP as her school does not offer those.

She is thrilled!

4 Likes

Mine did not get any scholarship. In state, 4.0 weighted, 28 ACT, multiple AP/honors/dual enrollment classes. Honestly was not expecting her to get one though. Happy with the acceptance. :slight_smile: She has a friend who received 2k and that friend is a super achiever - top 5%, president of everything, etc.

2 Likes

Yeah, the 1K per semester for the first year only is a nice award and recruiting method.

Does anyone know when decisions regarding signature scholarships will be available?

My son was also accepted EA, but nothing aside from that. Any info re: when scholarships and honors stuff will come out?

Has anyone heard anything on signature scholarships or honors?

silence here

Signature Scholarship finalists info came out.

Would there be something in the portal, or did your student receive an email?

came via email to check portal

Ok. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Nothing here for us. I had my hopes up. With the major increases in cost of living, I’m starting to get sticker shock.

3 Likes

Are all the invites out, or is it possible it comes in waves?

only guessing but it is likely all sent out given the short turnaround time: RSVP is 1/20 and the interview is 1/28.

1 Like

I contacted admissions today and was told that some scholarships have sent out invites and others are still reviewing.

1 Like

I have heard anytime from now through late February for honors, so I would expect Watauga to be the same. It makes it difficult for the students to find a roommate if they don’t know if they will be in the honors dorm or not. I guess we have to just wait and keep checking the portal.

Getting impatient …
Has anyone heard from admissions or the honors department recently if they are close to releasing a date of admissions to the honors college? I know I said earlier decisions would be at the end of month ( per zoom meeting awhile ago) but I was hoping for sooner. Also have heard maybe later March now. I have not spoken directly with admissions lately and I hate to bother them during such a busy time of year, was curious if anyone has directly heard from them about this.

My daughter got an acceptance letter(email) from the Honors college last night. Email came after 5 pm.

same!! My daughter is thrilled.