Appeal Rates

<p>Does anyone know how many decisions are reversed from an appeal for Berkeley and LA? I’m planning on appealing to Berkeley and possibly LA (since I do have new and compelling information). If possible, I want to know how many people appealed and how many people had their decision reversed. Thanks!</p>

<p>I believe someone in the Davis forums posted that in 2004 like 1500 people applied for appeals the acceptance rate from appeals was 5%. Even though you are not asking about Davis, it gives you an idea that appeals are fairly rare and you should expect them to not come through. Best of luck!</p>

<p>Appeals for UC for you to take a chance, consider this</p>

<p>Say you want to go to UCLA or Cal and you end up only being accepted @ UCI</p>

<p>UCI says you have to tell them if you want to go to their school by May 1st</p>

<p>but UCLA and Cal say that appeals might go past May 1st so that will leave you in dilemma </p>

<p>it's all up to you</p>

<p>you can send in the SIR then when the appeal goes through tell them that you're sorry but you cant attend. at worst, you'll attend the school you sent the SIR to. at best, get into the school you want but lose the deposit. i think appealing, if it's reversed is better</p>

<p>I agree with tr1p7s ... that's exactly what I'm going to do.</p>

<p>About 200 of 700 of last year's UCI appeals went through. </p>

<p>Don't know if they were reversing admissions decisions, or just appealing a late SIR, but that's what it was.</p>

<p>where did u get those stats?</p>

<p>when are all the appeals due by???</p>

<p>4-15. but try to get them in earlier.</p>